Likes Likes:  8,496
Dislikes Dislikes:  82
ELITE ELITE:  628
Page 330 of 344 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3436

Thread: Post your ride pics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    There was some kind of event at the FOP yesterday, and this MPD cruiser went out of its way to block the PBL on G Street when it would have been simpler not to. (There were others blocking the entrance to the PBL at 4th anyway.) I have come to the conclusion that, as a species, we are a lost cause.
    I recommend this 100% of the time.

Let us know how it goes

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

My third snow day ride of the 2017-18 winter season. Today I rode to Oberursel then through the woods to the Roman fort at Saalburg then down to Bad Homburg for my lunch (and coffee) stop at Flachs before heading back into Frankfurt via Bonames. There was a decent amount (two to five inches) of snow from Oberursel to Bad Homburg.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00854.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	15906 Along the Werkgraben (nice name for a ditch) near the Frankfurt International School in Oberursel

Name:	DSC00855.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	15907 Looking towards the Hohemark U-Bahn (U3) station outside of Oberursel

Name:	DSC00857.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	15908 A section of untrod forest road I'm about to spoil

Name:	DSC00860.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	15909 Römerkastel Saalburg

Name:	DSC00866.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	15910 Bäckerei Flach, Bad Homburg
    Last edited by consularrider; 12-18-2017 at 05:15 PM. Reason: to add photo labels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre Pre Pre Hains Point

Mistakes were made this weekend and they live on in this Relive clip. Audio warning for the soft shredding of Hugh Myrone, which makes everything seem more epic.

Post Thanks / Like

Today was my first ride this winter around the Arlington Loop and Hains Point as I just got home from the UK for the holidays. It was a beautiful day to practice #dangerpanda while chasing #toyairplanes. I didn't see @JuddLumberjack while circling HP.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Let's Bike Chief Sealth Trail Video

Fresh from Seattle, I've got a new video of the trail named for the person for whom the city is named: Chief Sealth Trail. (Quick hint: think of saying the word "Seattle" without the t's)

The Chief Sealth Trail is a paved trail a few miles in length and runs through southern Seattle. It is a hilly trail, with 463 vertical feet of climbing over its 4.7 mile length. The climbs are worth it, though, as one gets really nice views of downtown Seattle, Mount Rainier, and even a glimpse of Lake Washington (the downhills are fun, too). It's close to the popular Lake Washington Loop and passes near a few Link light rail stations.

Post Thanks / Like

Great, plus I always love the music you use Bobco!! You're a pro at this!
    Happy holidays!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snowy SR 520 Trail Ride Across Lake Washington Video

On Christmas Eve after meeting up with komorebi in Bellevue (thanks for dropping by!), I went on a bike ride to cross the SR 520 Trail bridge which had just opened last Wednesday to cyclists/pedestrians. It's on the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge, the longest floating bridge in the world.

The best part: it was SNOWING! Also, I figured out how to attach a rear-facing camera to my Chinook bike, so there's footage from both sides.

After seeing the state of the roads in Seattle (read: terrible), I decided to head to the light rail station to get home (I was on my road bike, not my hybrid all-terrain bike). However, on the way, I slipped and fell on the sidewalk, and this is gloriously preserved in my footage (used a split-screen for maximum effect). No worries, I'm fine, only a small bruise.

Enjoy the snow (we apparently don't get it often here, but already it's the 2nd time it's snowed since I moved here in September)!

Judd is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad that you got to see 'Rebi. Sorry that you went down. It looked like one of those, "how the heck did I just fall?" kind of falls.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Glad that you got to see 'Rebi. Sorry that you went down. It looked like one of those, "how the heck did I just fall?" kind of falls.
    I had a local cyclist tell me after seeing my video that it's likely I hit a bit of "slime" where the top snow/ice layer stays frozen but underneath melts, mixing to form a really slick surface. It was luckily also a slow speed fall, but hey, I slip and fall once every winter, so it's good to get it out of the way, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Holiday Hot Chocolate Ride Video

A good way to warm up during a ride in cold weather is to get some delicious hot chocolate.

I made a video of a group ride I did with Cascade Bicycle Club on Christmas Eve Eve which took us around parts of Kent, Washington (about an hour ride south of Seattle). My friend who introduced me to biking in Seattle was mentoring her first ride with Cascade (she has already revealed her plans for me to become a ride leader this year).

Long story short, the hot chocolate (I had hot white chocolate since I really like the flavor) was good, and even though there was a fall, everyone had a good time. I added the comedic sound as I knew the cyclist would get a kick out of it (hence why he sprawled out and said, "I win!").

Here's the video. Enjoy!