Page 324 of 325 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325 LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3250

Thread: Post your ride pics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Fresh off renovating my YouTube channel, I've got a video for a short but obscure trail in Seattle: the SODO Trail.
    I like the spinning cassette in the video. Looks like there's some great murals along the trail.

2. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I like the spinning cassette in the video. Looks like there's some great murals along the trail.
    The morning I got the footage for the video, I was actually running late (SURPRISE, SURPRISE ) for a group bike ride starting from Gas Works Park in the heart of Seattle (16.6 miles away, ~1.75 hours of riding to get there with hills), so I was unable to stop and really enjoy the murals. I will make a return trip to do so, especially since there is one particular mural that is somewhat hidden from view but has a particular opinion of the choice of logos for a certain DC-area football team and a certain Cleveland-area baseball team.

Also, the sound for the cassette is a recording of my commuter bike's rear wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Post your ride pics

I took this picture in Old Town Alexandria of a very colorfully painted garage door at the Torpedo Factory.

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Fresh off renovating my YouTube channel, I've got a video for a short but obscure trail in Seattle: the SODO Trail.
    Big kudos for only a single dumb bollard right at the beginning.
    Last edited by Steve O; 10-23-2017 at 09:47 PM. Reason: (OMG! What keeps all those cars from driving down the trail?)

6. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Let's Bike Bethesda Trolley Trail Video

In getting through my backlog of footage from the DC area, I decided to make a video for the Bethesda Trolley Trail.

While the footage is from early July, you can see a lot of construction and improvements being made to the section along Old Georgetown Rd which was in the process of upgrading from a sidewalk to a wide sidepath (riding on a sidewalk next to 40 mph traffic is not fun). I also made a 1 block deviation from the main trail route because I personally found it safer to cut behind a stretch of buildings to Marinelli Rd to cross Rockville Pike instead of riding on the Nicholson Ln sidewalk that narrows and provides less-than-ideal sight lines for drivers turning right off Rockville Pike.

The trail is also set for expansion farther north to the Twinbrook Metro and should connect to Rockville, but this at least shows the potential.

I will probably follow a DC-Seattle-DC-Seattle pattern for my next videos while I work out the rest of my backlog, but I'm happy to have a lot to show!

Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes Steve O, dasgeh, Emm, bobco85, streetsmarts and 2 others liked this post
    ELITE consularrider ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Canal and Bay Sunset Ride Video

I know it's not Wednesday, but I've got some more sights from the Seattle area to share! I finished a video of a ride along some of the waterways in Seattle in the evening last Friday.

The day had not started out great, as I had my 4th glass-caused flat since moving here while biking to the bike shop to pick up some new pedals (I jumped on the train and bus and let the bike shop fix it). Once everything was taken care of, I was able to spend the late afternoon taking in the autumn sights along the Ship Canal Trail, a new 2-way buffered bike lane connector that's 1 mile long, and the Elliott Bay Trail which goes along part of the Seattle downtown waterfront.

For those interested, here's the route that I took: https://www.strava.com/routes/11051454

It was a chill ride for the most part, and I hope that's reflected in the video. Enjoy!

11. Likes Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Hawthorne neighborhood sidewalk battle is back! (From today’s commute up Chestnut Street)

https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/0...ver-sidewalks/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C2720566-FFB6-4601-9646-FCE92B3E86F1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	15668

Name:	EF035D08-C5AE-4FBC-9154-053869D95FF5.jpg 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	15669

13. Likes Judd liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    The Hawthorne neighborhood sidewalk battle is back! (From today’s commute up Chestnut Street)

https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/0...ver-sidewalks/

Name:	C2720566-FFB6-4601-9646-FCE92B3E86F1.jpg 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	15668

Name:	EF035D08-C5AE-4FBC-9154-053869D95FF5.jpg 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	15669
    https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9803...7i13312!8i6656

There appears to be room for a sidewalk without cutting down a single tree. Is either side willing to give up onstreet parking?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    There appears to be room for a sidewalk without cutting down a single tree. Is either side willing to give up onstreet parking?
    Are you trying to start a war?? There’s nowhere else to put the cars apart from the garages and driveways!

16. Likes huskerdont liked this post