2. Likes CBGanimal, LeprosyStudyGroup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chairman Meow looks forward to riding with Don Gato
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190105-123232~2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	18765
    Last edited by LeprosyStudyGroup; 01-05-2019 at 11:34 AM.

4. Likes Judd, drevil, bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Snowy Seattle Commute

Well, it took all the way to February this winter for the Seattle area to finally get some snow, but it was glorious! I made sure to ride my bike through the snow to get to work on Monday, and it was probably the most fun morning bike commute I've had since moving here.

FYI for most of this winter, the Seattle area has had weather as follows: high 30's through low 50's (F), some rain, and a lot of gloomy grey skies. Fast forward to this week: low 20's through high 30's (F), snow, and partly cloudy skies. Needless to say, folks here are in shock. I even had to bring out my balaclava for the first time this winter last night!

Enjoy the video!

Post Thanks / Like

Gambrill State Park in Frederick, Maryland had perfect snow riding conditions yesterday!

Post Thanks / Like

There may be snow up in Gambrill but down on the C&O it's camping season again! Had a great, quick weeknight escape up to the Horsepen Branch campsite at Mile 26. Water is still off, so I carried a few liters in.

Name:	IMG_5542.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	19801

Name:	IMG_5536.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	19802

Name:	IMG_5544.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	19803

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    There may be snow up in Gambrill but down on the C&O it's camping season again! Had a great, quick weeknight escape up to the Horsepen Branch campsite at Mile 26. Water is still off, so I carried a few liters in.
    Excellent! I miss bike camping and can't wait to get back out there. Hopefully not too many skeeters yet?

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy and I had a little fun uphill challenge before our group ride at Wakefield this morning

10. Likes sszibler, Sunyata, secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Excellent! I miss bike camping and can't wait to get back out there. Hopefully not too many skeeters yet?
    None as of last week!

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Some days your rides just doesn't go as planned. I'm spending a couple of days in Bad Ems on the Lahn River to ride some sections of the Limes. My drive up from Frankfurt included periods of strong wind, heavy rain, hail, snow, and whatever, so after checking into the hotel I just hung out. This morning I headed out about 10 am for my Tuesday Hills. I followed the Limes to Pohl where there is a reconstructed Limes Kastel. From there I was taking forest roads/trails back up to the Lahn at Kloster Arnstein. While my GPS said there were trails ..... Turned out two footbridges on the route to get to the left bank were closed, lots of trees were down and I ended up having to ford the Dörsbach when my trail on the right bank couldn't handle a bike.

Name:	100_0571.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	19864 On the Limes Wanderweg near Becheln

Name:	100_0572.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	19865 It almost looks like they just took out railroad ties! I should have just ridden the paved road the other side of the Hornbach

Name:	100_0580.jpg 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	19866 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0581.jpg 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	19867 The first photo is before crossing, the second after

Name:	100_0582.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	19868 Two to duck under and one near the top of the climb to go over as I arrived at Kloster Arnstein
    Last edited by consularrider; 03-26-2019 at 11:13 AM.

13. Likes drevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Some days your rides just doesn't go as planned. I'm spending a couple of days in Bad Ems on the Lahn River to ride some sections of the Limes. My drive up from Frankfurt included periods of strong wind, heavy rain, hail, snow, and whatever, so after checking into the hotel I just hung out. This morning I headed out about 10 am for my Tuesday Hills. I followed the Limes to Pohl where there is a reconstructed Limes Kastel. From there I was taking forest roads/trails back up to the Lahn at Kloster Arnstein. While my GPS said there were trails ..... Turned out two footbridges on the route to get to the left bank were closed, lots of trees were down and I ended up having to ford the Dörsbach when my trail on the right bank couldn't handle a bike.

Name:	100_0571.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	19864 On the Limes Wanderweg near Becheln
    I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority when I say I love and seek trail detritus to play on after a good windy storm. That first log you posted looks like a perfect specimen :P

Continuing the off-tarmac theme, this is from a few days ago when Jo and I went to Bootleg Canyon trails right outside of Vegas. Such rock, much wow