Page 325 of 325 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3250

Thread: Post your ride pics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9803...7i13312!8i6656

There appears to be room for a sidewalk without cutting down a single tree. Is either side willing to give up onstreet parking?
    They don't necessarily need to build a sidewalk. They could put in a PPL (protected pedestrian lane) which allows for some parking like what was done here in Seattle's South Park neighborhood for 3 blocks on 8th Ave S: https://goo.gl/maps/uQbn5nDdzWT2
    Here's a pic of it:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	protectedPedestrianLane.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	15674

I'm sure it'd be a lot less expensive to build compared to pouring concrete, redoing the gutters, and possible loss of trees.

2. Likes secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Threatening to build a protected people lane with reflective flexposts might be just what's needed to get people to support a nice sidewalk!

4. Likes Steve O, consularrider liked this post
    mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Is either side willing to give up onstreet parking?
    Oh, the humanity!

6. Likes Judd liked this post
  7. 11-06-2017, 08:51 AM

I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

So this is what happens, apparently, when you stick your Garmin on the charger overnight and inadvertently start a ride before you go to bed.

Garmin charging while recording by Jon, on Flickr

9. Likes Judd, Emm, Steve O, Lt. Dan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last weekend, I did a totally unique bike event down in Richmond. Organized by some of the mountain bikers down there, 50+ like-minded "techy" riders were split into 12 teams. All teams were given "bingo" cards which had different technical obstacles listed (e.g., ride down a specific set of crazy stairs, ride over huge root ball, etc.) and silly challenges (e.g., "sing a love song to a stranger", "kiss a passerby"). We had to record all of them to get points for each, then at the end of the day, each team had to make a video compilation of their challenges. The video was shown on the big screen at a party in the evening. Here's my team's vid:

https://www.facebook.com/rob.berube/...5824167037418/

Not a lot of miles, but a whole lotta smiles

11. Likes vern liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    So this is what happens, apparently, when you stick your Garmin on the charger overnight and inadvertently start a ride before you go to bed.

Garmin charging while recording by Jon, on Flickr
    Maybe you're a sleep walker. I'm surprised by the amount of GPS wiggle.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Maybe you're a sleep walker. I'm surprised by the amount of GPS wiggle.
    What's even more interesting - that little excursion over to Georgia and Otis gets AWFULLY close to the strip club next door to the charter school.

14. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mobike pile

It begins?

Name:	IMG_1739.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	15693

Name:	IMG_1738.jpg 
Views:	34 
ID:	15694

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    It begins?

Name:	IMG_1739.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	15693

Name:	IMG_1738.jpg 
Views:	34 
ID:	15694
    Shhhhhhh! They're sleeeeeeping.

17. Likes secstate, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default East Coast Greenway - Greenbelt-DC-Occoquan Route Highlights

I've been wanting to do a video highlighting the East Coast Greenway in the DC area for months now, and I'm glad to say that I finally finished it!

I chose to use a 48 mile segment of the East Coast Greenway running from Greenbelt through DC and into Occoquan, and my goal was to fit it into a 12 minute video (aimed at 4 miles/minute) which I almost did, save for intro/outro. It took 2 days of filming to gather footage in the days before Independence Day (hence the security chain-link fencing along the Mall) with 49 separate videos and 90 separate overlays. I also made sure to have different music to separate the MD, DC, and VA portions (keeping in mind that Columbia Island is still technically DC).

There are 2 distinct detours in the video that I should point out. The first is that the ECG offers 2 options when reaching the intersection of the NE Branch, NW Branch, and Anacostia River Trails in Hyattsville (shown here: https://map.greenway.org/?loc=14,38.94496,-76.93953): the main route goes along NW Branch, into Brookland, along the MBT, and past Union Station to the National Mall, and the alternate route goes along Anacostia River Trail, Anacostia Riverwalk Trail, past Navy Yard, and through SW Waterfront to the National Mall. I labeled these the (main) Metropolitan route and the (alternate) River route. The other detour is near Fort Belvoir (shown here: https://map.greenway.org/?loc=14,38.71060,-77.17651) where US-1 has a new paved sidepath running from Mt Vernon Memorial Hwy/Jeff Todd Way all the way to Lorton Rd. The ECG route has riders detouring onto Backlick Rd, Ffx Co Pkwy Trail, and Telegraph Rd, so my video shows a more direct route.

You can take a look at the East Coast Greenway route map on their site here: https://map.greenway.org/

I put a lot of work into this one, and my change in style for my other videos including symbols, overlays, and animations was due to my initial work on making this video. It's the last major bit of DC-area footage that I have (I might do one shorter video on a MD trail, but that's it for footage), so it makes me a bit sad, but I am happy to have been able to contribute to biking videos in the DC area. Enjoy!

19. Likes Harry Meatmotor, Starduster liked this post