Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180104_063606.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	16025

2. Likes kwarkentien, hozn, bobco85, musclys liked this post
    ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't get an opportunity to ride on a frozen lake every day, so when you do, you take it:

Name:	Accotink.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	16077

Name:	20180107_154233.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	16078

4. Likes Steve O, Boomer2U, kwarkentien, bobco85, drevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A couple from Florida

Name:	IMG_7941.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	16296

With apologies to Vicegrip.

Name:	IMG_7943.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	16297

On the dock at Tarpon Springs, FL

6. Likes bobco85, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Maple Valley Ride

Yesterday, I needed some alone time to use for exploration, so I did a ride from the southern end of Lake Washington to Maple Valley along the Cedar River Trail. I then rode back on various roads and the Soos Creek Trail in the dark. I plan on making a video of the Cedar River Trail portion, so stay tuned in the coming month or so.

The weather was typical for winter in the Pacific Northwest: temperature in mid-40's (F), overcast skies, occasional light rain.

I managed to get a flat in the rain in the dark while riding on one of the shoulders of the 45 mph speed limit roads (a little uncomfortable, but hey, I gotta get home somehow), but since I've gotten so many flats since I moved out here, I was able to quickly and efficiently find and fish out the piece of glass (of my 13 flats since moving here, all but one have been from glass) before replacing the tube. I'm going to take a pic of the jagged mess that is my rear wheel's Gatorskin tire (it's done the best after replacing 2 other tires but has still taken a beating). If there is such a thing as a magnet for glass, I surely have it on my rear wheel!

(left) from the Renton Rowing Center at the southern end of Lake Washington with Seattle left, Mercer Island center, and Bellevue right; (right) small airplane in a nearly continuous line landing at nearby Renton Municipal Airport

Name:	1_lakeWA_planeLanding.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	16413

(left) riding the Cedar River Trail which is adjacent to the 50 mph speed limit Renton Maple Valley Highway; (right) we've got a logjam on the river!

Name:	2_cedarRiverTrail_logjam.jpg 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	16414

(left) taking a break under a bridge; (right) hanging out on an iron truss bridge in Maple Valley

Name:	3_riverBreak_ironTrussBridge.jpg 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	16415

(left) after reaching Maple Valley, I turned onto the Cedar to Green Rivers Trail which is packed gravel, not unlike the Metropolitan Branch Trail; (right) my destination in Maple Valley was Lake Wilderness which has a park and an arboretum that I will peruse on a future trip

Name:	4_cedarToGreenRiverTrail_lakeWilderness.jpg 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	16416

(left) I had never ridden the Soos Creek Trail, but riding it in the dark was a lot of fun. It had a couple of low spots including one that was submerged with a helpful sign reading "Water Over Trail" (right) one of the slightly elevated concrete bridges over the marshy landscape

Name:	5_soosCreekTrail.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	16417

8. Likes streetsmarts, anomad, kwarkentien liked this post