Page 314 of 320 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3191

Thread: Post your ride pics

  1. #3131
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The forgotten corner of Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What time of day was that? I pretty much only ride it around 7AM on Thursdays (because WTFCC) and the intersections are almost always better for me than it showed on your video (although the lanes before the McDonalds and near the kabob place are blocked fairly often)

  2. #3132
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tukwila, WA
    Posts
    1,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    What time of day was that? I pretty much only ride it around 7AM on Thursdays (because WTFCC) and the intersections are almost always better for me than it showed on your video (although the lanes before the McDonalds and near the kabob place are blocked fairly often)
    It was a little after 6 p.m. yesterday. For the most part, I really enjoy riding on Eads St as opposed to riding on Crystal Dr (bike lane blocker city) or the MVT (amateur hour) at pretty much all times of day, but it might be because I am very comfortable riding in and out of a protected bike lane. Also, things might show as closer than they really were because I have the footage playing at 300% speed.

  3. #3133
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The forgotten corner of Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    It was a little after 6 p.m. yesterday. For the most part, I really enjoy riding on Eads St as opposed to riding on Crystal Dr (bike lane blocker city) or the MVT (amateur hour) at pretty much all times of day, but it might be because I am very comfortable riding in and out of a protected bike lane. Also, things might show as closer than they really were because I have the footage playing at 300% speed.

    That's probably it.

    And I agree that Eads is more comfortable than Crystal Dr (even NB, but especially SB) and more comfortable than the MVT any day or time when there more people on it than a few serious commuters. My deterrents from riding Eads have been the trail detour, and the need to do the LongBridge-Pentagon-LBJ thing to get to or from the 14th Street Bridge. With the detour almost done, I will likely take Eads more and more.
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 06-29-2017 at 11:07 AM.

  4. #3134
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Might as well make a southbound one next.

  5. #3135
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tukwila, WA
    Posts
    1,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Might as well make a southbound one next.
    I tend to make these videos in one direction only, but that's probably because there are so many other road segments, trails, and whatnot that I want to show. On that point, I will be filming this weekend for my next big planned video: biking the East Coast Greenway through DC (Greenbelt to Occoquan)

  6. #3136
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arlington, East Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    Photo from my most recent ride. About 11 pm, nearly a Midnight Saddles ride.

    The hill in the background is Denali

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5935.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	14952
    A few years back, I was standing at the top of that hill. Didn't need bear spray up there!

  7. ELITE dbb ELITED this post
  8. #3137
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tukwila, WA
    Posts
    1,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Let's Bike Wilkes Street Bikeway W-E Video

    I just finished another "Let's Bike" video. This one is for the Wilkes Street Bikeway in Alexandria. My video for this was long delayed, but I finally forced myself to do it (it doesn't take long to make these videos as it's a 2 step process: ride & film, then clean-up & add street names).


  9. Likes CaseyKane50 liked this post
  10. #3138
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    456
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Goofing off after a ride at Cosca Park: https://www.facebook.com/sueperseven...13312836837176

  11. Likes bobco85, vern, Steve O, hozn liked this post
  12. #3139
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tukwila, WA
    Posts
    1,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Let's Bike the 9th & 12th Street Bike Boulevards Video

    Having done a video for the Wilkes Street Bikeway, I think a video of two of the equivalents in Arlington would be good for comparisons (I think Key Blvd would also be another one to show). Here is a video I did of both 9th Street & 12th Street bike boulevards that are useful options for parallel routes along part of Columbia Pike. Like all my other "Let's Bike" videos, the footage is shown at 300% speed.


  13. Likes CaseyKane50, Steve O liked this post
  14. #3140
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Having done a video for the Wilkes Street Bikeway, I think a video of two of the equivalents in Arlington would be good for comparisons (I think Key Blvd would also be another one to show). Here is a video I did of both 9th Street & 12th Street bike boulevards that are useful options for parallel routes along part of Columbia Pike. Like all my other "Let's Bike" videos, the footage is shown at 300% speed.

    Thanks for the video. It inspired me to take a ride on both streets. Did them in reverse and discovered that I should have gone to the left when the Doctor's Branch Trail split. By going right I got to see Randolph and 16th before getting back to 12th.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7596.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	15080

  15. Likes bobco85 liked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •