Likes Likes:  8,769
Dislikes Dislikes:  83
ELITE ELITE:  628
Page 356 of 356 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356
Results 3,551 to 3,558 of 3558

Thread: Post your ride pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bike the Metro: Silver Line Extension 2019 Redux

I made an updated version of my "Bike the Metro: Silver Line Extension" video from 2015 using the footage I gathered while biking the route this past spring. I threw in some comparison shots to show how construction and the surrounding area has changed between 2015 and 2019. It was much easier figuring out where Loudoun Gateway and Ashburn stations are going to be located this time around since they actually have structures built.

It's nice to have a DC-area bike video to work on from time to time

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Central Park Loop - Part One

My default ride here in New York is loops of the Central Park 6.05 mile circuit. I filmed in mid-November morning on a chilly day with fewer tourists. I'm using an older GoPro Hero 3+ which reset at 20 minutes, so the ride is in two files. The circuit goes counterclockwise and I enter and leave the Park at the E 90th St entrance. Central park is now almost car-free, just park and police vehicles. The road is divided into three segments, the left for walkers/runners, center for cyclists, and the right for motor vehicles. The walker/runner segment is bi-directional, the other tow are supposed to be one way, which is generally respected.

Last edited by consularrider; 12-07-2019 at 08:42 PM.

3. Likes CBGanimal, bobco85, Boomer2U liked this post
  4. 12-07-2019, 08:35 PM

Reason
    Duplicate video

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Central Park Loop - Part Two

The final stretch.

6. Likes CBGanimal, bobco85, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default In the Seattle Local News

Earlier this week, I was interviewed for a news segment regarding bicycle riders and the light rail in Seattle. Sound Transit (aka our WMATA) is working on a second line to the light rail that will go out to Bellevue and Redmond in 2023 (btw yes, Microsoft laid out some cash to help make sure its employees had a faster way to get to work at its HQ).

While normally bicycles are allowed on all light rail trains (they even have 2 bike hooks per train car, and the new trains will have 4 per car with more interior space in general), during this project bicycles will be prohibited at one particular station (Pioneer Square Station which is downtown), and bicycle riders must get off on the previous station and ride to the one after (University Street Station or International District-Chinatown Station). Luckily, our DOT was able to finish a continuous, 2-way protected bike lane (2nd Ave PBL Extension) that connects these two stations that are only about 3/4 mile apart.

Since I bring my bicycle on the light rail sometimes (usually if I'm out late, am really tired, or running late to a weekend event), KIRO7 News did an interview with me. They even did some action shots of me riding in one of the protected bike lanes in downtown. It was fun (even though I was nervous)!

Here's the news segment:

Here's the accompanying news article: https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/cro...AWHRDINTSZHTE/

P.S. - riding from my apartment in Tukwila to downtown Seattle is like riding from the Landmark area to Dupont Circle (somewhere around 12-13 miles, around an hour)

Post Thanks / Like

You are a TV star!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Strava says that I logged my 30,000th all time mile (so it must be true) on Saturday while attending the “Why We Cycle” documentary and panel discussion w/ @CBGanimal & her daughter, Sierra, at NE Library at Capitol Hill.
    I’m tempted to dig out my pre-GPS cycling logs from when I tracked my miles using an abacus, a piece of slate, and a burnt stick from from the morning fire pit, so that I can sum up my lifetime miles on a bike.

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes LhasaCM, bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    On to Bristol, England yesterday and a ride with Boomer to Bath and back along the Railway Trail.
    ...and the obligatory coffeeneuring ☕️ stops...

13. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    England and Wales Remembrance Day Ride with Boomer to Tintern Abbey.
    ...and the obligatory #coffeeneuring stops (w/ Spikee Mikee the Mechanic) while storming a castle...

15. Likes bobco85, Pinking liked this post