Likes Likes:  8,716
Dislikes Dislikes:  83
ELITE ELITE:  628
Page 303 of 354 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3539

Thread: Post your ride pics

Judd is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving ride.
    Just a bungee cord away from a homemade recumbent.

Post Thanks / Like

Mountain biked about 3.5 hours Friday between Great Falls and the ice rink. Conditions nice and dry and I managed to only fall once. Too stupid to take a pic of the bike with it, but here's a pic of a tree covered in chicken mushrooms (too old to harvest).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161125_131258_001.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	12856

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Mountain biked about 3.5 hours Friday between Great Falls and the ice rink. Conditions nice and dry and I managed to only fall once. Too stupid to take a pic of the bike with it, but here's a pic of a tree covered in chicken mushrooms (too old to harvest).Click image for larger version. 

YAY! We were also out there Friday. And even though conditions were dry, I think everyone in our group went down at least once, myself included.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0182[1].jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	12861

Post Thanks / Like

I think I saw few of you guys. I was solo, orange Soma, black softshell and black shorts. I tonked on the new trail they're building by the soccer field in Lake Fairfax Park. At the top of a little rise where the dirt was all lose I lost momentum and plonked sideways onto the rocks. Since no one was there to see it, it wasn't harmful. Good times.

Post Thanks / Like

Are movies ok? I spent 3 days mountain biking up in Frederick last weekend. I couldn't get enough of the rocks

Post Thanks / Like

There was just fog this morning on my ride in. Pretty cool over the Potomac.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6959.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	12865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6956.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	12866Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6955.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	12867

Shorts and sandals this late in the season was an added bonus.

Judd is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post

From Wikipedia: "Older brackets become pale and brittle almost chalk like, mildly pungent, and are often dotted with beetle or slug/woodlouse holes." Five George Washington's with your name on it if you go back and eat one.

I'd never heard of these mushrooms before. Do they really taste like chicken?

Post Thanks / Like

You'll see them here and there when you go mountain biking. They're also good for hopping practice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Are movies ok? I spent 3 days mountain biking up in Frederick last weekend. I couldn't get enough of the rocks

You know... If you had been on your full squish, I bet you would have made it up that rock the first time.

One of these days, I am going to have to make it out to the Shed with you and Jo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I'd never heard of these mushrooms before. Do they really taste like chicken?
    Folks say everything tastes like chicken. I haven't had actual chicken in maybe 15 years, but as far as my memory goes, I'd say it's more of an analog. Their flavor isn't especially strong so they need to be cut up into smaller pieces, seasoned well, and stir fried. We greatly prefer the hen of the woods/maitake, of which we found so much this year that we dried or froze about 40 pounds of them. Yes, more than once I wrapped them up in a shirt from work and carried them home in my backpack on the ride home.