Page 310 of 311 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311 LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 3110

Thread: Post your ride pics

  1. #3091
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17861439_10154642588022956_4163103145206537179_n.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	14591

  2. ELITE Judd ELITED this post
  3. #3092
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Last weekend's mountain bike trip to Douthat State Park in Clifton Forge, Va:

    That bridge would scare the bejesus out of me. Good choice of music, though I wonder why you left John out of the credits.

  4. #3093
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birru View Post
    That bridge would scare the bejesus out of me. Good choice of music, though I wonder why you left John out of the credits.
    I keep forgetting John!

    Yeah, the bridge is sketchy. Just go straight and lay off the brakes and you have less chance of going into a death wobble

  5. #3094
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Vienna, commute to downtown D.C.
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17861439_10154642588022956_4163103145206537179_n.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	14591
    Cool perspective.
    Are you shifting at this moment? Or does the chain move in such an arc during normal pedaling (or strenuous pedaling, as may be the case here)?

  6. #3095
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Cool video! It looks like y'all had a grand old time on one of nature's playgrounds. I really liked the rear-facing shots and stream crossings.
    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    I keep forgetting John!

    Yeah, the bridge is sketchy. Just go straight and lay off the brakes and you have less chance of going into a death wobble
    That bridge looks perfectly fine from the side, but when you were in first-person mode, I could see the gaps in the center that would definitely catch a skinnier tire. Still, I wanna ride across it someday!

  7. #3096
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Cool perspective.
    Are you shifting at this moment? Or does the chain move in such an arc during normal pedaling (or strenuous pedaling, as may be the case here)?
    It was at the bottom of a high speed hill, and I had just stopped pedaling- a split second of wind-up in the driveline before it settled back down

  8. #3097
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    It was at the bottom of a high speed hill, and I had just stopped pedaling- a split second of wind-up in the driveline before it settled back down
    If I may ask, how did you take the shot? A lot of times I find the "how" just as cool. For example, I just watched this last night and appreciated what the videographers had to do (shown at the end):


  9. #3098
    mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    needs more lube!

  10. #3099
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    If I may ask, how did you take the shot? A lot of times I find the "how" just as cool. For example, I just watched this last night and appreciated what the videographers had to do (shown at the end):
    I picked up this skewer mount from Amazon!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    It's really well made, and didn't slip at all! I wish they made a through axle style mount- that angle would be fun on the mountain bike...

  11. #3100
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    I picked up this skewer mount from Amazon!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    It's really well made, and didn't slip at all! I wish they made a through axle style mount- that angle would be fun on the mountain bike...
    Thanks for the tip. It looks slick!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •