Page 309 of 318 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3172

Thread: Post your ride pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dunedin-Clearwater Loop

While visiting my sister in Clearwater, Florida, I went on a bike ride with her for the first time since I was a literal baby. She used to put me on the back of her bike and go for rides. To this day, I still find the sensation of riding on a bicycle to be quite calming.

Here's the video of the short loop that we did (I will be making another video showcasing other trails in the area, too):

2. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Big duh, but full squish makes most things so much easier. Here's a vid from 11 years ago as I ascend steps of a building at the University of Maryland aboard my rigid singlespeed bike:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bikecentric/2400180397

And here's the same set of steps tonight

I can't wait to get an e-bike to cut tonight's time in half!

4. Likes Steve O, bobco85, Judd, hozn, streetsmarts liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring Has Definitely Sprung!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1837[1].jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	14516

Name:	DSCN1836[1].jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	14517

Name:	DSCN1842[1].jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	14518 I could have ridden the Via Regia from Kyiv to Frankfurt lass summer! Maybe I would have kept going to Santiago de Compostella.

Name:	DSCN1843[1].jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	14519 There were seven different Spargel (asparagus) offerings.

Name:	DSCN1844[1].jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	14520 This bunny in Bergen-Enkheim had plastic Easter eggs on it the past few times I rode by.
    Last edited by consularrider; 04-03-2017 at 11:56 AM.

6. Likes huskerdont, kwarkentien, bobco85 liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Spring on Gießener Straße.

Name:	DSCN1866[1].jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	14556

Training time in Berkersheim.

Name:	DSCN1865[1].jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	14557

8. Likes bobco85, huskerdont, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Short/easy/fun gravel/trail ride Sunday.

Wetland:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170409_112819.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	14579

Beaverdam:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170409_124022.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	14582

Then to Dirt Farm Brewery:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170409_155851.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	14580

Wanted to bike up the mountainside to it, but it was busy so drove. But then after three beers, pizza, and potato-chip nachos, went back down to the bottom and biked up. Knew it would be hard, but didn't realize I really didn't have the gears for it on that bike. Managed to make it, to drunken (mock?) cheering from folks at the top. Turned out to only be 430 feet over half a mile, but some portions were quite steep. I think the flattish section at the bottom killed the % grade calculation.
    Flat bottom:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170409_171946.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	14581

Post Thanks / Like

Default Biking Around Clearwater

I finished a video of the various days of biking that I did while in Clearwater a month ago.

I had a tough time figuring out how to put the footage together since I didn't have some sort of destination to focus on, but the video should show off the collection of trails both bayside and gulfside. I'm not entirely sure how to show collections of footage, but I'll take any suggestions on ideas.

Here's the video:

11. Likes Boo Boo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    I finished a video of the various days of biking that I did while in Clearwater a month ago.

I had a tough time figuring out how to put the footage together since I didn't have some sort of destination to focus on, but the video should show off the collection of trails both bayside and gulfside. I'm not entirely sure how to show collections of footage, but I'll take any suggestions on ideas.
    Thanks for the vid, Bob. I try to make vids under 4 minutes, because that's usually the longest I'm willing to sit and watch one unless it's really compelling. If there's a lot more footage that you want to cover, then I'd either make clips shorter or just don't include as many because your vid was already 7 minutes long.

I like how you showed panning pics of interesting spots.

Also, I think it's more interesting when you are chasing someone (or being chased) while doing a GoPro video. Bushes, streets, trees, jumps start to look the same if you don't have someone up front or behind shifting weight, jumping around, etc. You should've jumped on that BMX track!

I've been given gigs and gigs of footage by my buds from my Sedona trip last month and the Douthat trip from which I just returned, I guess they're expecting me to make a vid or sumthin'. Kind of a bummer because I hate going through it all when I could be biking instead

Here's a teeny one I made of my buddy Bob who came across a stump (maybe 28" high?) in the parking lot yesterday that he wanted to try to get over.

13. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Thanks for the vid, Bob. I try to make vids under 4 minutes, because that's usually
    Yeah, that's as far as I got on this post.

15. ELITE bobco85 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Thanks for the vid, Bob. I try to make vids under 4 minutes, because that's usually the longest I'm willing to sit and watch one unless it's really compelling. If there's a lot more footage that you want to cover, then I'd either make clips shorter or just don't include as many because your vid was already 7 minutes long.

I like how you showed panning pics of interesting spots.

Also, I think it's more interesting when you are chasing someone (or being chased) while doing a GoPro video. Bushes, streets, trees, jumps start to look the same if you don't have someone up front or behind shifting weight, jumping around, etc. You should've jumped on that BMX track!

I've been given gigs and gigs of footage by my buds from my Sedona trip last month and the Douthat trip from which I just returned, I guess they're expecting me to make a vid or sumthin'. Kind of a bummer because I hate going through it all when I could be biking instead

Here's a teeny one I made of my buddy Bob who came across a stump (maybe 28" high?) in the parking lot yesterday that he wanted to try to get over.
    Thanks for the good advice! I like the focus on quality (interesting shots, shorter clips, etc.) over quantity (length of clips, extra pictures, etc.) along with aiming for a 4 minute "sweet spot" of video length. Out of curiosity, I took a look at my YouTube Analytics and found the Average View Duration to be about 2 minutes 36 seconds for the past year, so there is some data showing your opinion isn't minor.

Looking at my video history, I tend to have 3 types of videos: day rides/group rides/events that run between 5-7 minutes, informative way-finding (including SafeTrack) which sometimes go longer than 10 minutes, and multi-day travel/year-in-review where 15 minutes works for me to properly share (and remember) people/places/things.

I'll keep in mind the goal of a quick summary of events for future ride videos. Thanks, again!

17. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last weekend's mountain bike trip to Douthat State Park in Clifton Forge, Va:

19. Likes bobco85, KLizotte, Birru, Sunyata, vern liked this post