Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  11
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike To Work Day 2013 - Connect with other riders

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody want to start a group from Shirlington to NoMA?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Anybody want to start a group from Shirlington to NoMA?
    I could do that.

I might have to take the day off so I can hit more pit stops!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KelOnWheels View Post
    I could do that.

I might have to take the day off so I can hit more pit stops!
    No reason to let work get in the way of a bike ride, particularly on BTWD! Last year, I began with a tour d' pit stops with Consularrider and ended JRA with ArlingtonRider and Dirt out in Falls Church. Got over 50 miles and never actually made it to work (it was a compressed day so I wasn't a complete slacker). As I recall, we did about five or six pit stops.

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    never actually made it to work
    This is the best Bike to Work Day experience ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'm cruising Takoma to north Arlington (Marymount University in particular) by way of Georgetown Branch and Capital Crescent Trail.
    Happy to ride with anyone! Just know I go slow (average 13/14 mph, unless I get my curvy-bar bike before then...at which point
    i'll magically ride 5 mph's faster and can be ELITE) !

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be headed from Capitol Hill to Lafayette Square (15th and H) via the Penn Ave lanes and the Freedom Plaza pit-stop. Probably try to hit up the Eastern Market stop too, so long as my snooze button behaves itself.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    We can do a Team S&M convoy from Tri360 to Rosslyn. It's the opposite direction of my commute, but only by a mile or so, so it's probably the best place for me to link up.
    Y'all should meet up with my convoy at Banneker near the basketball courts. then we'd have 3 of the team!

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    Y'all should meet up with my convoy at Banneker near the basketball courts. then we'd have 3 of the team!
    Your convoy is WAY too early for me, even factoring in the need to hit multiple stops. I like being out that early, I just don't like getting out that early.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ebubar View Post
    I'm cruising Takoma to north Arlington (Marymount University in particular) by way of Georgetown Branch and Capital Crescent Trail.
    Happy to ride with anyone! Just know I go slow (average 13/14 mph, unless I get my curvy-bar bike before then...at which point
    i'll magically ride 5 mph's faster and can be ELITE) !
    I registered for the Discovery Plaza pit stop this year. I think I'll get there early around 7am. I'd be happy to ride with you up 41st St. I just have to make it to the Crystal City pit stop before 9am (wind jacket for free, maybe).

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

So any advice on which stops are usually best for swag? Last year I got a water bottle and good snacks (all week long!) at Crystal City and good snacks and Potbelly voucher at National Geographic. But a wind jacket?! Not even close.