Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  11
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Bike To Work Day 2013 - Connect with other riders

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sblanco View Post
    Going from South-West Centreville to Ballston. Right off route 28. Let me know about your route.
    Looks like I'm going to have to shorten my route. I generally ride up 234 (Sudley) to 29 (Lee Hwy), but was going to come up Old Centreville to Braddock to Shirley Gate. However, my contract ended yesterday, and I have a conference to be presentable for tomorrow. So... unless I find a shower, I will be riding in only from West Falls Church. :-D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Discovery to Capital Crescent

Quote Originally Posted by jopamora View Post
    I registered for the Discovery Plaza pit stop this year. I think I'll get there early around 7am. I'd be happy to ride with you up 41st St. I just have to make it to the Crystal City pit stop before 9am (wind jacket for free, maybe).
    I would like to join up with you and meet at Discovery Plaza pit stop and then on to Capital Crescent. I have never ridden that branch...I will be headed to DC by way of the mall.

Is there a good way to meet up?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silver Spring to Golden Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by ntimmons View Post
    I commute from Silver Spring, MD to downtown Golden Triangle. I have a pretty good route, if anybody wants to learn it.

I also use MapMyRide to ride back and forth, so if anybody wants to learn which courses I have, they are fun.

Thanks,
    Neil
    Yes I would like to learn your route....!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vienna to DC

Tomorrow will be my first BTWD and the second time I'll have biked to work here in DC. (It was easier in Minn. where I lived four blocks from work.) I'm thinking I'll make it a Friday ritual (at least during summer--and when it doesn't rain).

I'll be taking the W&OD to the Curtis Trail to the Key Bridge and aim to get to work by 8:00. If anyone cares to join me, that'd be great.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Tomorrow will be my first BTWD and the second time I'll have biked to work here in DC. (It was easier in Minn. where I lived four blocks from work.) I'm thinking I'll make it a Friday ritual (at least during summer--and when it doesn't rain).

I'll be taking the W&OD to the Curtis Trail to the Key Bridge and aim to get to work by 8:00. If anyone cares to join me, that'd be great.
    I hope you're making some pit stops...it's the best part of BTWD!

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post

Stick with us and try one of the Friday Coffee Club meetings. Check out the General Discussion for threads on the topic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    I hope you're making some pit stops...it's the best part of BTWD!
    Yes, I'll be stopping at the Falls Church pit stop around 6:30.

I want to hook up with a convoy, too, but the Route 4 convoy out of FC isn't starting at the pit stop! Oh well, maybe I'll meet them where they turn onto the W&OD.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for riding buddy

I will be riding from Gaithersburg, MD --> Crystal City.

Been thinking about taking Rock Creek, Capital Crescent or MacArthur.

also looking for riding buddy.

Post Thanks / Like

COME VISIT ME!!!

I'll be volunteering in Ballston all morning and at the East Falls Church stop/party in the afternoon.

I'll be easily recognizable. I'll be wearing a pink hat and a World Bicycle Relief safari shirt in the cool-ish morning and a WABA Bike Ambassador shirt once it warms up!

Please introduce yourself. I've got Hi5s to spare!

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alibi1 View Post
    I would like to join up with you and meet at Discovery Plaza pit stop and then on to Capital Crescent. I have never ridden that branch...I will be headed to DC by way of the mall.

Is there a good way to meet up?
    I may try to roll through Silver Spring Discovery stop around 7 AM. Then I'll be heading to the Georgetown Branch to Bethesda (shirt pickup!) and down the Capital Crescent to the trestle connection to the C&O. I may go further (all the way into Georgetown) and cross at the Key Bridge for a stop at Rosslyn. This would be partially along your route. Could ride with you some of the way. I typically go between 13-18 depending on the gradual uphill or downhill nature of the route (more slight uphill along the crushed gravel of Georgetown Branch) and definitely a nice downhill along the CCT once you hit Bethesda!