Likes Likes:  510
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
ELITE ELITE:  103
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 National Bike Challenge

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

I hosted an FCCycles team last year. For fed agency identified teams, we did pretty well. For local teams, we had a damn good team. And personally, I road many (slow) miles

I love the idea of sporting a team of ringers. No threat against me; I aint in Tim or Consular's league. But the idea of some homeboys and homegals out there beating up some poseurs from Portland??? I think that's great!! Do it. I will say watching all the local teams, and seeing the BikeArl teams do REALLY WELL - was a lot of fun last year.

And yes, if we want to run our own side competition -- particularly as the season gets warmer and the ability to go out for a saturday ride and just never come back grows -- I'm all for it. I greatly enjoy these pointless endeavors.

B
    A member of the 11th Place Team, in a Freezing Saddles competition consisting of 10 teams

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcv View Post
    I'd like to sign up for the slacker team
    The guy who's in the top 15 despite starting the winter with a broken femur wants on the "slacker" team.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Just fed my Garmin into Endomondo, which shot me up to 29th place overall. Also joined consularrider on the DoS workplace, putting it in 4th overall, despite having only 2 riders. The DC area did really well last year, but hopefully we can crush it this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year the teams were filled fairly evenly. To improve BikeArlington's showing, it certainly would make sense to create teams that would shoot right to the top. As it was, the teams did amazingly well.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

This would bring a whole new meaning to the A,B,and C team designations from last year.
    Last edited by americancyclo; 03-11-2013 at 09:41 PM.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Any interest in an all women's team out there?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with those who favor of creating a team of our best riders that shoots right for the top.

Post Thanks / Like

Make room on the B/C team for me!

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Fed Agency Challenge

Last year the Federal Cycling Commission pounded the miles and dropped most of the other federal agencies that participated. A good number of us our federal desk jockeys. Would you be interested in the different represented federal agencies forming teams, joining the NBC, and having our own rivalous competition as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Last year the Federal Cycling Commission pounded the miles and dropped most of the other federal agencies that participated. A good number of us our federal desk jockeys. Would you be interested in the different represented federal agencies forming teams, joining the NBC, and having our own rivalous competition as well?
    I'd be happy just to join your team.

-Mike