Likes Likes:  510
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
ELITE ELITE:  103
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 National Bike Challenge

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose I can use Endomondo again...

They did change a couple things it seems, and it seems faster but the interface to upload one. ride. at. a. time. still. sucks.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
    anyone know if GPX exports from Strava rides can be imported to Endomondo easily enough?
    I just logged in to Endomondo, went to the "new workout" section, and indeed there is an option to "import from file (.gpx/.tcx/.fit)", so you can export a GPX from Strava (since you're a premium member) and import that into Endomondo. I tried it with my ride from Saturday and it worked fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    As far as I know the only easy answer is to use a garmin device. I don't think endomondo has an email upload feature. Too bad neither of them have IFTTT profiles.
    Oh man, I didn't even think about an IFTTT connection for Strava/Endomondo, etc. - that would be killer.
    Last edited by Bilsko; 03-11-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: link for those scratching their heads at the odd Acronyms

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    Lately I've started recording my rides in both Strava and Endomondo. I had been recording in Endo, and really like the voice feature - I set it to tell me my pace every mile. I can't usually hear it in heavy traffic, but otherwise, it's nice to know. Then I love the Strava segment comparison... So, they both have features I like, and I haven't found both features in either, so it's both!
    Use Cyclemeter- it announces relative pace and performance (as simple or as complicated as you like) and integrates (via gpx) with Strava. I loves it.

(Edit) So, Endomodo doesn't have an email upload? If it did I could upload to both Strava and Endomodo at the same time

Full Disclosure- I'm an unpaid beta tester, but the Abvio team is great

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't be all that tough, I'm currently ranked #1 nationally on the warm up, the only locals (Arlington?) were Tim and Zanna who haven't logged anything yet. I think I ended up somewhere in the top 100 for the full challenge last summer, Rod Smith and Dirt were ahead of me (again, and still are for FS). Just remember, you get double the daily points (20 instead of the FS 10), so consistency helps. I lost almost 200 points right off the bat because I was traveling without bike access.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't we just run a protest competition.

Simiar rules, but tweeked for our own enjoyment, and logged on STRAVA.

I would have loved to get the March Madness tournement up and running, but I didn't think there was much support for continuing the "insanity".

We could May 1 to July 31 (the summer one seemed to drag out). We could even give out toilet paper with Bike Arlington logo hand drawn on it if you like?

What do you guys say?

Post Thanks / Like

My two cents. To make it fair, how about a team consisting of the top five men and top five women from the BAFS challenge? To make it fair for the other teams in the challenge because I think the top ten riders from BAFS would win easily. I was on a team that finished fifth last year and we had several on the team who didn't ride very much.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fine with whatever "competition"/challenge, it's all good motivation for me. I forgot about the March Madness idea. A short comp. might be fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Smith View Post
    My two cents. To make it fair, how about a team consisting of the top five men and top five women from the BAFS challenge? To make it fair for the other teams in the challenge because I think the top ten riders from BAFS would win easily. I was on a team that finished fifth last year and we had several on the team who didn't ride very much.
    I don't get why it's unfair to win? I seem to remember the top 3 or so teams had some monster mileages.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, why's Rod trying to bump me from the team?!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to sign up for the slacker team