Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L Street Bollards Removed?

Post Thanks / Like

Default L Street Bollards Removed?

Have all of the L Street Bollards been removed? There were none between Pennsylvania and 19th Street this morning. Could be old news though because I haven't ridden on L Street in a while.

Attached Images Attached Images  

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by btj View Post
    Have all of the L Street Bollards been removed? There were none between Pennsylvania and 19th Street this morning. Could be old news though because I haven't ridden on L Street in a while.

They were there yesterday, though one was knocked loose and laying in the gutter the past couple of weeks. Maybe they're out for a redesign.

Post Thanks / Like

The bollards that were added at the beginning of each block are now missing.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I rode the lane yesterday at lunch, and most were still there, although I did see a car drive over a few to get in to the left turn lane. That whole situation is a gong show.

Post Thanks / Like

I came to the forum just to check on this. I rode the L Street from 24th street to 15th street and the only bollard in the middle of the cycle track was the single one near the hotel entrance (is it between 19th & 18th?). I was wondering why the rest at the beginning of each street were gone...hmmm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    ... the only bollard in the middle of the cycle track was the single one near the hotel entrance (is it between 19th & 18th?).
    The photo above was taken at the 19th & L intersection towards 18th St so maybe at 18th & L there is still a single bollard?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm talking about the Quincy - right where that car that appears to be in the cycle track is. The single bollard would be in front of that car. There's a turn in for shuttles and cabs into the cycle track for drop off/pick them up in front of the hotel, and there's a bollard at the end of that area to tell vehicles to go back into their regular lanes after they've done their business in front of the hotel. That was the only middle-of-the-track bollard I saw on my ride this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

And DDOT apparently doesn't know what happened, either? https://twitter.com/DDOTDC/status/296750659989032960

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I think I'm talking about the Quincy - right where that car that appears to be in the cycle track is. The single bollard would be in front of that car.
    You're absolutely right. Saw that single bollard this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Any word on this? Are the bollards back or are they still missing?

WABA will be out there on Tuesday: http://www.waba.org/blog/?p=7989 I wonder if they can find out...