Poll: Keep the "Hot Chicks and Bikes" photos, or delete?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep or delete "Hot Chicks and Bikes" photos?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say, just please keep them in a separate thread or sub-topic, so if I don't want to see it I don't have to. It doesn't seem terribly relevant to this forum.

But clothes fashion while bicycling is a legit topic, especially for getting non-riders to ride. For a more tasteful (in my opinion) look at bikes and fashion, check out District Citizen Cycling, or Cycle Chic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the thoughtful discussion, everyone. I decided to remove the pictures. Having them here creates a hostile environment for women, and if my bosses at Arlington County knew about it, they would create a hostile environment for me. I don't know if WABA or DDOT would feel differently about it -- I haven't seen comments from them one way or the other. If they decide to overrule me, I'm sure we can find more pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blacknell View Post

*Except, man, I bet the average age here is a lot higher than one might expect/hope. I blame Dirt.
    Ruh Roh. I better start acting young, because I know I'm older than dirt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CCrew View Post
    Ruh Roh. I better start acting young, because I know I'm older than dirt
    One of the nice things about this screen name is that making the comment "I'm as old as dirt" is 100% content-free for me. Not so sure about the rest of you though.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem with the thread is the title rather than the content. If it had been called "Hot people and bikes" I don't think there would have been an issue.