Freezing Saddles Pointless Prizes
If you would like to suggest ideas for pointless prizes, offer to be in charge of awarding specific pointless prizes, offer up generic goodies to be given away as prizes, offer to do programming or data mining in support of pointless prizes, nominate someone for winning an existing pointless prize, or, I don't know, anything else that seems related, please do so in this thread.
I will maintain a list here.
Last edited by Amalitza; 02-26-2013 at 09:19 AM.
What about an award for the 3rd placed rider in the 3rd placing team (or something nebulous like that). It's difficult to target that goal but might make things interesting towards the end.
Maybe some donuts for whoever records the most Hains Pt laps (use Strava segment data - although those without a GPS would miss out.)
For the summer riding award, since I'm currently the only nominee I might as well rub it in:
Palm Beach in Sydney. Where Home & Away is filmed. It was between about 70-80F that day, but felt warmer in the sun.
Slight difference in bikes on show there. My riding pal had a lovely Fondriest. Mine is a factory direct model from Indonesia.
Because of the way things are calculated, sleaze rides are days with minimal distances rather than individual rides.
Thinking out loud:
* Most suspicious miles / ride (I believe someone's GPS has them riding over the ocean at several 1000 feet)
* Best Mardi Gras outfit
* A Sandbag (person who deviated the most from their handicap - faking your handicap is known as sandbagging)
* Longest streak of consecutive days riding
* Highest per day mileage average
* Lowest per day mileage average
* Most times around hains point
* Most circuitious ride home (and the nomineee is Christopher)
* Special award for those few who actually ride during whatever snow storm we might actually get
* Slowest mph during the beer ride next weekend
* Longest chain of bicycles and trailers
* Meaning of Life award for the rider whose score ends with the numbers "42"
* Most times through the circle of doomed and survived
* Best winter kit
* Something to do with Ninjas
* Crazy Ivan award for most harrowing experience
Yeah, I should stop now.
I will happily deliver a sandbag to the rider who went over his or her expected mileage by the greatest percentage.
Most visits to the leaderboard page? Pretty sure I am in the lead.
- Award for most interesting shape made from a ride's GPS map? (But, again non-GPS users are handicapped.)
- Pen and pad set for the person with most rides manually entered.
QOM (or KOM) earned furthest from DC?
Originally Posted by KayakCyndi
hmmm, i can't quite compete with 1000 miles over the ocean, but according to Strava, I took a random dip in the potomac today. It was only about 35F out, that's pretty suspicious!
Originally Posted by rcannon100