Thread: Ride/shuttle needed from DC area back to Pittsburgh area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ride/shuttle needed from DC area back to Pittsburgh area

We are looking to HIRE a ride for 2 adults and 2 bicycles on Sunday, 9/22/13. We will be staying at Fort Myer, VA. We are willing to meet up somewhere else in order to obtain a ride back to Homestead, PA (just outside of Pittsburgh).

We are from Illinois and have our entire two week vacation on the GAP and C&O planned out, except for getting back to Homestead.

contact info:
    spfldjanet@att.net

Post Thanks / Like

You might be interested in doing what I did for getting myself and my bike to Pittsburgh. Hertz has an office at the Allegheny County Airport at West Mifflin, PA. I rented a SUV from Hertz at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Crystal City (Arlington). It was a bit cheaper renting at the Crystal Gateway Marriott than at National Airport which is less than a mile away. You can drop the SUV at the Allegheny County Airport which is about four miles from Homestead. The airport is also very close to the GAP trail. I don't know the cost of the SUV now, but it was very reasonable the two times I rented it one way and paid no drop fee. BTW, Fort Myer is in Arlington. Have fun!

PotomacCyclist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

You shouldn't post your email address on a public forum. It's likely to get picked up by spammers. Instead, you could forward the email address to others through private messages on the forum once they contact you with suggestions.