Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Introduction

Hey everyone, this is Robert. I've been scoping this site for a few days and signed up today actually. I hope it wasn't against the rules to start a thread!

Anyways, I live in the Vienna area and I am on the W O&D a lot plus commute every day to the Vienna metro station. In short, I love steel bikes of all kinds. This weekend I am taking my VO custom build to Velo Classique in Purcellville to be put together. It is a Randonneuring/Touring frame - the Campeur. If you don't know about this shop and love classic bikes I would pay it a visit. I've put a few pics of the VO build/parts on my feeble attempt at a bike blog - velohaven.wordpress.com.

I would love to do some rides in the Spring out near Middleburg area or closer around town once I get this build put together with anyone willing to join. Oh and by the way, I own a '83 Fuji Del Rey roadbike - sweet little thing.

Looking forward to getting involved in the community. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

So how'd you find out about the forum?

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, I'll try to answer this the best I can as I see your an admin. I meandered to it through Twitter possibly from a WABA post? I believe that was the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent--I'm always curious to hear about how people got here.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem, glad to be on here.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to be nice to Tim just because he's an admin.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just talking about that shop this morning at Friday Coffee Club. I've only been there once, but I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne's a great guy. Knowledgable but not arrogant. Hard to come by in the bicycle community more often that not.

rcannon100 is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

For more fun on the forum, join the Freezing Saddles Winter Bike Challenge. It's basically a commuter challenge between arbitrarily and approximately evenly balanced teams that runs from Jan 1 to the end of winter. There will be exciting pointless prizes at the end (You have to be nice for Tim for that one - he's providing some of the prizes). 1 point for each mile ridden and 10 points for each day. We are doing late sign up and those folks will be assigned teams on Sunday. More about this on the Freezing Saddles thread.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool blog.

11. Likes rpiretti liked this post