Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Ride - Cap City Brewery to Port City Brewery - 1/26/13 12:00pm

Post Thanks / Like

Was anyone able to pull up the route from the link Steve provided? I couldn't get it and am curious about which one he chose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arlingtonrider View Post
    Was anyone able to pull up the route from the link Steve provided? I couldn't get it and am curious about which one he chose.
    It should be working as of midday today. I had accidentally set the map as private before. Let me know if it's still not working and I'll try to get it fixed. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve! It's great that you're doing this. We're gonna miss you on Sunday, but will keep in mind the visual you provided for us earlier on the HP 100 thread. . No rush on the map. Enjoy your holidays!

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I like their Porter.

Also, when I was there they had a bike rack outside that is visible from the tasting room windows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    I'd like to get down to Port City. I need to renew my mental image of them.

Now, you may not be an IPA fan, but I am. And as an IPA fan, I can tell you that Port City's IPA, while pleasant, IS NOT BETTER than two of the best IPAs in the world (I'm not including double and imperial IPAs in this comparison).

And I'd like to change that, because I like supporting local businesses and drinking local alcohol (any kind of alcohol, really, but that's not the point).
    I too am the rare to earth actual IPA fan. I like them dark and hoppy, the darker and hoppier the better. I too really like what Port City is doing, where they have come in a very short period of time and what they do for our eat local movement. However to win on a larger stage like that I am a bit skeptical. I would hate to take anything away from their hard work and craftsmanship in their product but I too do not know if it runs with the big dogs in micro brews just yet.
    However their Deracho brew was very good, and I too really like their Porter. I think that Sierra Nevada and Bells would still take the cake on that. Personally I am smitten with Devils Backbones (from just outside of Charlottesville Va) Eight Point IPA, but that is a very polarizing brew. New Belgiums' Ranger IPA is a nice one too, I am partial to good beer in cans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I appreciate all the feedback and comments that I have recieved (both here, Twitter, and FB). I really mean that. It's made extremely excited for the ride and I hope we have a good crowd and good weather. For those who haven't been to Port City, as has been said here, its a really fun place, good people, and tasty beers.

1. SteveTheTech - First of all, great first name!
    I too am excited for this ride....excited enough to actually take my bike off the trainer, put real tires on it and get outside for the first time longer than I care to admit. I feel like this could be a good ride no matter what time of the year it takes place.
    Hey we're first name buddies...how a bout that, I figured that just Steve would have been taken, as it is on the rest of the internet. Good catch.
    I do hope PC keeps bringing in the awards and growing their distribution area and making a good name for themselves, they are an awesome group of people out there who are very passionate about what they are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in joining for the ride and tastings! Thanks for putting this together. Port City makes some good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I am interested in this. Beer and bikes........

Post Thanks / Like

Please count me in. Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Arlingtonrider; 01-03-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this sounds like a fun little ride! My wife and I are likely in, depending on weather.

consularrider is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Friday's weather's looking pretty crappy, and Saturday should be cold.