Likes Likes:  670
Dislikes Dislikes:  5
ELITE ELITE:  54
Page 100 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1498

Thread: "I saw this deal, and thought someone might like it" thread.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    Has this been mentioned yet? CC will credit you a buck an hour for riding up to $40 a month. you can carry one month over to the next so it looks like you could build up $80 to spend. There has to be a catch somewhere or this is the free jersey or tires every other month club for many of us.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/st...55963_d8708556
    I saw it (and signed up). I think they are going to have to change the rules. Do they realize how many miles are logged on Strava? Maybe credit towards a min. purchase but just straight credit seems crazy.

It would be cool if there was a real commuter based incentive like this though, that was more easily available than the $20/month tax credit that few employers actually offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Cha-Ching, but if I start seeing CC vans outside of my house I'm going to get suspicious.
    Instead of the usual vans?

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vvill View Post
    I saw it (and signed up). I think they are going to have to change the rules. Do they realize how many miles are logged on Strava? Maybe credit towards a min. purchase but just straight credit seems crazy.

It would be cool if there was a real commuter based incentive like this though, that was more easily available than the $20/month tax credit that few employers actually offer.
    Must be some sort of data sharing with Strava that makes it worthwhile...40 hours a month is a lot, but do-able. I just checked my summer average and it's about 35ish hours, so maybe I can get it to 40 and get the full amount for a couple of months (before they terminate the promotion because it's costing them too much!).

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

The marketing potential is huge, though I wonder how they will use it. Bear in mind that when you authorize CC to see your rides, they can see everything just as if they were you -- i.e. private rides/inside privacy zones, your GPS tracks (obviously), your equipment, your friends/followers, etc. etc.

It does seem to be hard to see how they can value that at $40/mo, but I am happy to take them up on that gamble. Of course, they don't have the cheapest prices, but this might make it worthwhile to buy more gear from them. We shall see what other fine print emerges.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Of course, they don't have the cheapest prices, but this might make it worthwhile to buy more gear from them.
    And there's the magic formula. The way bike prices are marked up for retail, they're guaranteed to come out on top, unless you are extremely disciplined about only spending your credits. But let's face it, what can you get that's worth only $40 a month? How many power bars, water bottles, and inner tubes do you need? Before you know it, it's a jersey or a cassette, and they're back in the black.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    And there's the magic formula. The way bike prices are marked up for retail, they're guaranteed to come out on top, unless you are extremely disciplined about only spending your credits. But let's face it, what can you get that's worth only $40 a month? How many power bars, water bottles, and inner tubes do you need? Before you know it, it's a jersey or a cassette, and they're back in the black.
    Yeah, I also don't know if there are any restrictions on what you can use credits to purchase. We'll find out soon. Apparently I have $19 in credits and I could use some better-sized knee warmers, which are on sale for a little over $20.

But, yeah, if the points really are just equivalent to $$ then I'm sure I'll give them more business. Especially since now is the time to replace any worn-out winter clothing (as it's all on sale).

Post Thanks / Like

Has this been mentioned yet? CC will credit you a buck an hour for riding up to $40 a month. you can carry one month over to the next so it looks like you could build up $80 to spend. There has to be a catch somewhere or this is the free jersey or tires every other month club for many of us.

I wonder if they'll accept the rides I record with Map my Ride, but use fitness syncer to sync to strava (it works better that way--it carries the mapping and segment info over, whereas Strava to MMR only gives you total time and distance). I guess I'll find out shortly. They have a few jerseys I need in my life that are around $40 in their sale section.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DismalScientist View Post
    Phoenix is selling a 1983 24" (60 cm) Trek 630 for $285.
    That's my size! Are Trek 630 awesome bikes? I'm a little uneducated about bikes before 2008.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I wonder if they'll accept the rides I record with Map my Ride, but use fitness syncer to sync to strava (it works better that way--it carries the mapping and segment info over, whereas Strava to MMR only gives you total time and distance). I guess I'll find out shortly. They have a few jerseys I need in my life that are around $40 in their sale section.
    I don't see why they wouldn't; those rides appear like any other sync'd ride to Strava (e.g. mine sync'd from Garmin Connect are counting).

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

made a new thread for this: http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...ride-your-bike

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Cha-Ching, but if I start seeing CC vans outside of my house I'm going to get suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by vvill View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Must be some sort of data sharing with Strava that makes it worthwhile...40 hours a month is a lot, but do-able. I just checked my summer average and it's about 35ish hours, so maybe I can get it to 40 and get the full amount for a couple of months (before they terminate the promotion because it's costing them too much!).
    The marketing potential is huge, though I wonder how they will use it. Bear in mind that when you authorize CC to see your rides, they can see everything just as if they were you -- i.e. private rides/inside privacy zones, your GPS tracks (obviously), your equipment, your friends/followers, etc. etc.

It does seem to be hard to see how they can value that at $40/mo, but I am happy to take them up on that gamble. Of course, they don't have the cheapest prices, but this might make it worthwhile to buy more gear from them. We shall see what other fine print emerges.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    Yeah, I also don't know if there are any restrictions on what you can use credits to purchase. We'll find out soon. Apparently I have $19 in credits and I could use some better-sized knee warmers, which are on sale for a little over $20.

But, yeah, if the points really are just equivalent to $$ then I'm sure I'll give them more business. Especially since now is the time to replace any worn-out winter clothing (as it's all on sale).