Page 89 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: "I saw this deal, and thought someone might like it" thread.

TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I was sooooo close to pulling the trigger on the VIRB, but I think if I buy an action cam, I'm gonna hold out for a GoPro Hero 4. Quite a bit more expensive, but it has more features I'd want than the VIRB. Now, if the VIRB Elite was that price, then I probably would've gone through with it.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sethpo View Post
    I figure I can do fancy edits in different editting software should the need arise. One thing I love is that the VIRB comes with an adapter so you can use any third party GoPro mount...and there's tons. But yeah, this isn't best design for chest mount. I just couldn't pass on the price. I kind of half expect to get an email from Amazon that it was a mistake.
    Yup, agreed on the price. Let us know how you find it. I'm still very tempted, despite potentially being more cumbersome to pull stuff off etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Virb arrived today. Unfortunately subluxation of my shoulder (popped out and then back in when I flipped over my handlebars) on Tuesday night's commute will delay testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes dasgeh, rcannon100, sethpo liked this post
    Dislikes dasgeh disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your fall! Heal fast.

My Virb hasn't arrived although the package they sent did...it contained a car mount for a nuvi nav thing. They reshipped the camera so next week.

Also, if anyone wants a suction cup car mount for a garmin nuvi let me know. I have one to give away.

6. Likes ebubar, dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay! Virb.

I'm pretty damn happy with this camera so far (especially at the price

The unit feels nice and is easy to use. Very intuitive. Even the basic version works with my Garmin Edge so the Edge can turn on/off the video and take a still photo. The Virb edit software (which you don't have to use if you have other video editing software) is well designed, simple to do the basic edits (trim, add music, text overlay, speed up/down) and exports easily to a file, Facebook or YouTube.

Really, have no complaints.

Here's some early samples:

Still pic taken while riding and filming video:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canal_bridge.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	6987

And here's a 8x speed version of my morning commute. The Virb elite uses ANT to sync directly w/ your Garmin unit. With the basic version you add the activity .fit file to the video and sync it. I didn't do a great job syncing so it's a couple of seconds off but I think that's easily fixed w/ a bit more effort.

(Be sure to select the HD option from the YT player if you're interested in seeing video at full quality.)
    Last edited by sethpo; 11-10-2014 at 03:00 PM.

8. Likes dasgeh, ebubar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Starts today thru Friday at the SomaFab store, 20% off everything(in stock) sale. Use code PR525 at checkout.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to REI to return a rain jacket. Walked out with a pair of Giro Gauge shoes for $55 sans footbed kit. They also had a pair of Giro Carbide shoes for $25. I bet other area REI stores would have similar deals.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of REI, they just sent out their pre-holiday sales brochure doohickey* today. I leafed through the virtual version, and there are some decent markdowns on some cycling items, including 25% off Ortlieb panniers, fenders, and some other things I'm blanking on already. Sadly, REI doesn't seem to offer the Ortliebs in orange (not that they're a high priority at the moment). Anyway, FYI, tout le monde.

*That's a technical term.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingfool View Post
    Speaking of REI, they just sent out their pre-holiday sales brochure doohickey* today. I leafed through the virtual version, and there are some decent markdowns on some cycling items, including 25% off Ortlieb panniers, fenders, and some other things I'm blanking on already. Sadly, REI doesn't seem to offer the Ortliebs in orange (not that they're a high priority at the moment). Anyway, FYI, tout le monde.

*That's a technical term.
    REI also has the excalent Gore Bikewear Phantom on sale. Its windstopper and is the only cool/cold weather jacket I need. It covers allmy requirments through the winter (with an added layer or two). Also REI is clearancing some of their other Gore Bikewear items http://www.rei.com/search?query=gore+bikewear.

13. Likes vvill, dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Neoprene/Fleece Neck and Face Ski Mask - $9 http://livingsocial.com/deals/1317674