Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: "I saw this deal, and thought someone might like it" thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "I saw this deal, and thought someone might like it" thread.

simple thread, I know I'm always on the lookout for stuff. Sometimes I see deals that seem like really incredible deals. Not sure if I'm ever right about it being a great deal or not, but thought a thread to ask others, or inform others about a seemingly good deal might be useful. Because we don't have enough threads that help us spend our money.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...484220023.html

not sure if a Ridley Compact is any good or not, but Ultregra components and all for $675?

if anyone sees a good trailer, I'm looking for 2 of them. 1 for a dog, 1 for camping gear. My son and I will be doing some C&O bike camping this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a trailer you can have. Payment would to post a picture of in happy use.

Post Thanks / Like

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...476937247.html

cycleops fluid trainer with wheel riser and mat, $135!! I picked up a Kurt Kinetic a few weeks ago (with wheel riser) and it's in great shape. It's been nice to get some mileage in during the week since my desire to commute has been muzzled by my laziness and health. That one above is a great deal on a fluid trainer (the best kind)

Post Thanks / Like

This looks like an older Fluid 1 trainer that has been out of production for awhile. You're paying a bit more than its worth for the time of the year.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Big French Words SSCX on sale. It comes in a more subtle green version, too.
    http://www.backcountry.com/civilian-...e-single-speed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    This looks like an older Fluid 1 trainer that has been out of production for awhile. You're paying a bit more than its worth for the time of the year.
    really? wow, I figured that was a great price for a fluid trainer. I got my kinetic for $125, and it's in great condition. Thanks for bursting my bubble, I thought I'd done well. I almost, for a second, thought I could join the ELITE ranks. It's ok, Tim, my mommy never approved of me either. Rule #5 little baby boy is what she always told me, rule #5

Post Thanks / Like

Trainers get more pricey in the fall and winter, for obvious reasons. Buy during the spring and summer for a buyers market!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Certifried View Post
    really? wow, I figured that was a great price for a fluid trainer. I got my kinetic for $125, and it's in great condition. Thanks for bursting my bubble, I thought I'd done well. I almost, for a second, thought I could join the ELITE ranks. It's ok, Tim, my mommy never approved of me either. Rule #5 little baby boy is what she always told me, rule #5
    No, I think he's saying that the CycleOps for $135 isn't that great of a deal. But your Kurt Kinetic, which actually is the gold standard in fluid trainers, for $125 is an excellent deal. All fluid trainers leak eventually, EXCEPT the Kurt Kinetic. Eventually the heat gets to the seals and the oil leaks out. But the Kurt uses a magnetic impeller to drive a sealed fluid resistance unit...this way it is impossible for it to leak.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Performance has the Scattante x340 LE cross bike for $499 and the Fuji Cross 3.0 for $699. Both have Sora components, though.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Performance has the Scattante x340 LE cross bike for $499 and the Fuji Cross 3.0 for $699. Both have Sora components, though.
    Fuji Cross 3.0 has Tiagra, I think?
    http://www.performancebike.com/bikes..._1117975_-1___

A colleague of mine got one a bit over a year ago (on my recommendation to get a CX bike for commuting)... got hit by a vehicle recently though and the bike is totalled - as a result said colleague is upgrading to another new CX bike now.