Likes Likes:  652
Dislikes Dislikes:  5
ELITE ELITE:  54
Page 144 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1446

Thread: "I saw this deal, and thought someone might like it" thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got REI newsletter in the mail. Their Anniversary sale starts in two days, from Friday May 18 to Monday May 28. 20% off one full-price item(In stores/online), and 20% off REI-Outlet(Online only).

Cycling related sales:

15% Off Co-op Cycles, Diamondback, and Electra Bikes.
    25% Off Pearl Izumi Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories.
    25% Off Co-op Cycles Clothing.
    20% Off All Five Ten Bike Shoes & Race Face Pedals.
    25% Off All Osprey BigKit and TrailKit Duffels
    20% Off All Yakima & Thule Racks, Roof Boxes & Rack Accessories.
    15% Off GHOST Square Cross 1.8 Bikes.
    25% Off All Kryptonite Locks
    25% Off All NightRider Bike Lights
    25% Off All Bike Saddles
    25% Off All Ortlieb Packs, Bags & Panniers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by n18 View Post
    Just got REI newsletter in the mail. Their Anniversary sale starts in two days, from Friday May 18 to Monday May 28. 20% off one full-price item(In stores/online), and 20% off REI-Outlet(Online only).

Cycling related sales:

15% Off Co-op Cycles, Diamondback, and Electra Bikes.
    25% Off Pearl Izumi Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories.
    25% Off Co-op Cycles Clothing.
    20% Off All Five Ten Bike Shoes & Race Face Pedals.
    25% Off All Osprey BigKit and TrailKit Duffels
    20% Off All Yakima & Thule Racks, Roof Boxes & Rack Accessories.
    15% Off GHOST Square Cross 1.8 Bikes.
    25% Off All Kryptonite Locks
    25% Off All NightRider Bike Lights
    25% Off All Bike Saddles
    25% Off All Ortlieb Packs, Bags & Panniers.
    wow!thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Last day for REI Anniversary sale.

Interestingly, I just noticed that they have this smart eLock for sale for $100 instead of $200. Amazon price is $175(Link). It's not available locally so you have to order it online if you want it. You can't use the %20 coupon with this. However, it looks like from reviews it's not waterpoof, causing the lock and touch panel not to work.

Other item of interest for the ladies, sunglasses from Smith with Chromapop coating for $56(After 20% Outlet coupon, comes with 2 lenses). Here is manufacturer's link. I have used similar sunglasses and they make green shine more than any other sunglasses that I have tried. Tree leaves and grass always look like 4 O'clock in the afternoon. The one I had; had infrared blocking coating, which noticeably blocks Sun's heat, but I am not sure that this one has the same. I lost mine, almost want to buy it again, but it's not cheap($170). The only drawback is that blue doesn't look different than cheap sunglasses. I currently use Maui Jim "green is geenier" sunglasses, and it does look greenier, but not as much as Smith Chromapop. The later almost look like two or three times brighter green, but Maui Jim has better blues; it almost removes the haze around clouds and make them look like having sharper edges, as if it's not hazy and humid at all.

Last time they had sales, I ordered late Monday, it was shipped Tuesday and arrived Wednesday, so it doesn't take a long time.
    Last edited by n18; 05-28-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Lock is not waterproof.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Velo Orange is offering 20% off on their beautiful fenders this week. I have a set of their silver hammered ones and I love them. They’re very durable and are affordable even at regular price. Deal ends September 7th. Use code FLASHYFENDERS

https://velo-orange.blogspot.com/201...4a6a8c473e&m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Velo Orange is offering 20% off on their beautiful fenders this week. I have a set of their silver hammered ones and I love them. They’re very durable and are affordable even at regular price. Deal ends September 7th. Use code FLASHYFENDERS

https://velo-orange.blogspot.com/201...4a6a8c473e&m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. Guess who bought a set of their noir hammered fenders LAST week.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that, I've kind of been itching to replace my bike's frankensteined fenders lately and you can't beat $37 for full fenders not made of plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are really pretty. If only I believed in fenders.

I've seen similar in a copper color that I almost want to buy and just hang up on the wall somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I really want these, but the lack of a break away clip in the front has me a little nervous. Is that actually an issue, or just something the plastic fender manufactures make you think is important to have?

I've heard of a few accidents or near accidents from things getting caught in front fenders causing the wheel to come to a sudden stop, so I have some concerns, especially as my main commuter bike also gets ridden over gravel/dirt/places where there are lots of sticks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I really want these, but the lack of a break away clip in the front has me a little nervous. Is that actually an issue, or just something the plastic fender manufactures make you think is important to have?

I've heard of a few accidents or near accidents from things getting caught in front fenders causing the wheel to come to a sudden stop, so I have some concerns, especially as my main commuter bike also gets ridden over gravel/dirt/places where there are lots of sticks...
    The release clips aren't there to break free if a stick gets stuck in your spokes or something--the front fork isn't going anywhere, so you're in trouble if that happens whether you have fenders or not. The idea is that if something causes the fender to catch on the wheel and fold under itself, the mount will detach rather than keeping the fender against the tire and sucking it further in. This is something that can happen with plastic fenders (I've actually seen it) but metal fenders tend to be less bendy and don't need that feature.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a rear metal fender get sucked into the wheel before. It made a perfect accordion shape before it folded under the tire and jammed against the bottom of my very sturdy steel dutch rack. To be fair the fender had started to crack near the rear lower support for weeks before it failed. If the same thing would have happened to my front fender I would have gone down for sure.

I'm a fan of SKS fenders, which are made of metal sandwiched in plastic. They are pretty much indestructible and easy to install. I've had the front fender detach once when the flap got caught on a curb lip when I rode over it. And no, SKS fenders do not look as pretty as VO fenders. If you put your bike on those front bus racks you'll appreciate flexible plastic fenders that can squish against your wheel then spring back, no worse for wear.