Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Resolution: how many miles?

Post Thanks / Like

At the end of the year I'll be right over 6,000 miles cycling, 500 miles running and 100,00 yards swimming. (The running and swimming was really only just during the 6-8 months of lead up to Ironman training).

My guess is that I only did about 2,500 miles of transportation and the rest was fitness riding. After 2013 finally clicks over I'll do some analysis of my fitness riding to find out some interesting stats like total elevation climbed, average heart rate and time spent at certain speeds. (Last time I checked, I think I had spent more than 15 minutes at 40+ mph, which for around here seems like a pretty decent amount.)

Next year, I plan to do many of the same rides I did this year, but throw in some longer off road races as well!

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping to ride at least 1000 km outdoors in each month of 2013 (that's just under 7500 miles). While I've exceeded that in most months for the past few years (over 11,000 in 2010, 11, & 12), with job related travel, I want to keep the basic goals realistic.

It seems like I'm in a rut as far as my longer rides are concerned and would like to get out and do new routes. However, the options are limited since I rarely will drive to start a bike ride. I'm looking at some of the PPTC ride start points to figure out how to get there by bike. For several it would turn a 30-40 ride into a century or more. Nothing wrong with that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    I'm hoping to ride at least 1000 km outdoors in each month of 2013 (that's just under 7500 miles).
    You've had some awesome miles the last few years, sir. I like the 1000km/month thing. Keeps it spread out over the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Certifried View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    *beep*

Tim can't come to the phone right now. If you leave a message, he'll be sure to STRAAAAVAAAAAAA!!!!!!

*beep*
    I see that Dave has found my hill. He rode up it much, much faster than I do.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    While I've exceeded that in most months for the past few years (over 11,000 in 2010, 11, & 12).
    Wow, I'm seriously impressed. Can't fathom how you find the time.

PotomacCyclist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I always ride by time. Same thing with running, but I swim by distance. So I have no idea how many miles I rode last year, or how many I might ride this year.

I guess I could pull up the numbers on SportTracks. But I don't log any early winter rides or runs. I try to take it a little easier then, just keeping in shape but not really working at any goals this early in the year other than swimming and strength training.

But I do plan to do more triathlon races this year. I only did one last year because both of my original goal races were canceled. I'll do plenty of training, but all the rides will be marked by time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acl View Post
    I see that Dave has found my hill. He rode up it much, much faster than I do.

I can do better. I'll hit it next time I'm down there. Got to get as high up as I can before Tim beats me back down to earth.

Post Thanks / Like

It's on The List.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    It's on The List.
    The new Kelley Manor will include a situation room with a giant glass map of the DC metro area with highlighted targets and a meteorological computer for focusing efforts at the optimum times. It may or may not include a weather machine.

Post Thanks / Like

A tailwind can make you untouchable.