Thread: Rosaryville State Park, MD -- MTB trail

Greenbelt is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rosaryville State Park, MD -- MTB trail

Post Thanks / Like

Rosaryville is a fun trail. I don't ride it often because its a stretch from Reston (and if I'm driving an hour to ride, I have other places I'd rather go), but its a flowy, fast trail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post
    Rosaryville is a fun trail. I don't ride it often because its a stretch from Reston (and if I'm driving an hour to ride, I have other places I'd rather go), but its a flowy, fast trail.
    Yup, distance/benefit is my issue with it too. When I lived in Capitol Hill it was my go-to night ride with the MORE crew. Still, it's maybe the best beginner trail in the area so I intend on dragging my kids out there when they are ready. Would probably be a ton of fun on CX as well...
    Last edited by GuyContinental; 12-06-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuyContinental View Post
    Yup, distance/benefit is my issue with it too. When I lived in Capital Hill it was my go-to night ride with the MORE crew. Still, it's maybe the best beginner trail in the area so I intend on dragging my kids out there when they are ready. Would probably be a ton of fun on CX as well...
    I would personally rank Laurel Hill and Wakefield above the Rose for beginners. Rosaryville is super non-tech, but its a ten mile loop without many options for bailouts, and it does have a decent amount of elevation gain. Laurel Hill and Wakefield both offer beginner level terrain, but with fewer hills and shorter loops.

Laurel Hill is my go-to for beginners these days. Lovely trails, lots of mileage options, not a lot of elevation gain.

Greenbelt is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Another video -- this time featuring Dirt's old off-road unicycle I think?