Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aggressive Driving?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't post up photos of the people who harass me anymore. It does open up a new can of worms. Honestly, I don't really even talk about them in detail until some resolution has come about. No need to cause myself any extra headaches. I've got enough as it is.

Post Thanks / Like

The right on red is also a problem at Slaters and GWP that I run into almost nightly. I probably should report it, I just feel like the frequency of the violation is so high that they would have to run ticketing on it for a month straight to even begin to have any effect. It's also even a problem on green lights when folks don't yield to pedestrians in the crosswalks, which is also something I see in the mornings riding by. Not sure whose jurisdiction it is either. NPS or Alexandria City.

In general though if someone does something particularly egregious I think it's worth reporting, especially if they're aggressively driving because at least the phone call is recorded and if something tragic does happen then there is a small iota of a paper trail.

mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

At Jermantown Rd & Route 50 they don't even slow down for the no right turn on red sign. Motorists just feel entitled to not have to stop.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Unfortunately there is a lot of pedestrian traffic here. This is a common route from these parts east to the Custis Trail. But more importantly this is also a way that students get to HBW School.
    In my optimistic view, I am hopeful that getting APS to pay attention to such intersections would be helpful for "our cause". Because of the enrollment expansion and the bus kerfuffle* that started this fall, there's a lot of public attention right now given to transportation to/from Arlington Schools. APS is starting a Super Committee to look at the issue. I'm hopeful that the school system can work better with the police and the rest of Arlington County to make transportation to/from schools work better. E.g. APS could point on intersections that are particularly problematic for getting students to school (because, face it, you get more sympathy talking about kids' safety) and ACPD could prioritize enforcement and ArlCo could prioritize efforts to improve facilities at those places.

Oh, yeah, I am applying for one of the "non-parent" slots on the Super Committee ('cause you only count as a parent if you have a kid in school now, regardless of whether you carried a kid around ALL YEAR and pushed him out LAST MONTH). So if you want to nudge some School Board members to support me, that would awesome. My real name is Gillian Burgess.