Likes Likes:  172
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  11
Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 LastLast

Thread: Freezing Saddles: Winter Bike Challenge (sign up open)

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "a minefield of dumb games and social cliques badly disguised as a forum for DC bike advocacy."
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet but today is the first official day of spring. So....today's miles didn't occur in winter!
    Spring started I believe at 7:00 am yesterday. I made a judgement calls. Since part of the day was Winter, and a lot of morning commutes would still be in winter, I included it in the challenge.

But if you want, we could recalculate and disqualify all those 50 mile rides that occurred during spring!*

SOOOOOOOO glad its spring.

* (JOKING! JOKING!)

Post Thanks / Like

That was fun, let's do it again!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Team V! Also, congrats to consularrider for finishing with the most points. I'm a little embarrassed that I let you slip past me, seeing how I spent 79 hours more than you on my bike, plodding along at 5-10mph while you were at your job. I'd be even more embarrassed if you didn't pass me, because you're clearly the stronger rider and deserve the honor.

Kudos to all the riders who participated. I was inspired by so many of you. Thanks to my teammates. I'm sorry I failed to make the mileage I predicted I would ride. The women of Team Ten carried us to a respectable fifth place, in fine style, scoring lots of QOMs along the way, near and far (in three continents), high and low (from sea level to 6000+ feet in the Himalaya)!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    That was fun, let's do it again!
    Ah....I believe you are referring to the "Sniffling Saddles" competition that runs from today through May 30. Or perhaps the "Searing Saddles" competition that takes us from June 1 through August 31.

Amalitza Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Smith View Post
    I'm sorry I failed to make the mileage I predicted I would ride.
    Actually, you rode above your handicap. I know. Bob gave me the numbers so that I could figure out a couple prizes. Plus provided inspiration for your team. So, nope you're not allowed to be sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Amy. I don't remember the number. If I made it, just barely.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
    Ah....I believe you are referring to the "Sniffling Saddles" competition that runs from today through May 30. Or perhaps the "Searing Saddles" competition that takes us from June 1 through August 31.
    Last year I wore ski goggles to prevent my eyes being overly pollinated and it worked rather well, doofy as it was.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, Sniffling Saddles is appropriate given that our late March temps are the same as January's averages. It's too cold!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be up for ronwalf and hozn keeping their pages up and re-activating the updates so we can continue to track our miles throughout the year. It's just a really cool easy way to see who's riding where and find new routes, ride ideas etc. -Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

I may have been one of the worst sand baggers in this competition, but it wasn't intentional. I clearly got caught up in the game and rode WAY more than I would have otherwise. I already have 45% of my total milage from last year. For this, I want to thank the organizers and everyone who participated. I won't be able to make the event tonight, but wanted to offer my congratulations to everyone on an outstanding competition! Looking forward to the next one!