Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Freezing Saddles: Winter Bike Challenge (sign up open)

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    I'm actually a little surprised more of the feds on this forum are around given the 27th pay period extending when you can be burning 2012 "use-or-lose" leave.
    Ha! I burned my use-or-lose in July...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by essigmw View Post
    Just moving this up since I think it was lost on a page flip today and would like to spark a discussion.

Also - team Liebe Zu Dritt moved up from 9th to 6th place. We are staring you down team FourQuatroPho. Whop Whop my Liebe-ies
    Consider it brought.

Team 4, I'm away from a computer for the weekend so my rides will go up on Sunday!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronwalf View Post
    Go ahead and sign up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...c0hhUTZGTlE6MQ
    rcannon is making the late assignments this weekend.
    Done - thanks!

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ejwillis62 View Post
    ... I still cannot believe I am even out on my bike in the winter. But I will say I am sure I could win the prize for the most layers. I wear 4 layers on top, bike shorts and two layers of pants (one tights and one a bit looser) all of these are running clothes that are supposed to be for extreme cold. Two pairs of socks, a hat that goes over my whole head and covers my face. Glasses and two pairs of gloves. i am going to be so much lighter come summer time just because i will get to peel off all these clothes, but I am warm. Told you I hate cold.
    Just a casual observation that I'm sure you already know, when you are cycling versus running, the big difference on what makes you cold is wind (either what you are generating or what is hitting you from nature). That means that it is more important to have a wind blocking layer on the bike that may be missing from your running outfit.

Post Thanks / Like

I made this mistake yesterday. The thermometer on my garage read 23 degrees so I put on another layer - which was a complete disaster. I got sweaty, fogged up my glasses, and ended up being just as cold and that much slower .

Post Thanks / Like

my top layer is a wind jacket. I am surprised at how comfortable I am. I thought it would be a lot worse of course I don't know how cold it is going to get. I am hoping for a warm jan, feb and march.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't wish to add to the work level of rcannon or Ron but it would be kinda cool if there were a mileage total on the leaderboard. If it is easy to program, might this be done?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    I don't wish to add to the work level of rcannon or Ron but it would be kinda cool if there were a mileage total on the leaderboard. If it is easy to program, might this be done?
    Done! It now displays group mileage, and down at the bottom it has a spot for total miles and rides.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, that was fast. Thanks!

Live: Palisades, DC | Work: West End (21 & L)
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to marvel at the fact that, 4 days into January, we've already logged 3000 miles.
    Beautiful.