Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ribbon cutting of L Street cycletrack - 10:00 am December 4

KLizotte is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ribbon cutting of L Street cycletrack - 10:00 am December 4

From DDOT:

L Street Protected Bike Lane Ribbon Cutting Ceremony

Please joins us to celebrate the completion of the L Street Protected Bike Lane

Tuesday, December 4, 2012
    10:00 AM
    (At the corner of L and 15th Streets, NW)

Remarks and ribbon cutting followed by a short ceremonial bike ride down L and M Streets

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad they weren't there today, well one block away. They would have seen a Giant PeaPod truck that went into the left turn lane then backed up into the cycletrack and parked.

Live: Palisades, DC | Work: West End (21 & L)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terpfan View Post
    Too bad they weren't there today, well one block away. They would have seen a Giant PeaPod truck that went into the left turn lane then backed up into the cycletrack and parked.
    The the ribbon cutting would be much more effective if they made all the attendees ride down the entirety of the cycle track (from NH down to 15th) and saw how many trucks blocked the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
    The the ribbon cutting would be much more effective if they made all the attendees ride down the entirety of the cycle track (from NH down to 15th) and saw how many trucks blocked the way.
    Thinking a bit more about this - the Ribbon Cutting doesn't even need to ride down L St. Fortunately the line of sight up and down the street is good enough that all of the delivery trucks up and down the cycletrack should be visible from 15th and L.

Unless they get MPD to do an enforcement blitz right before to get all the trucks out.
    Last edited by Bilsko; 12-03-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there since i ride by right before 10am anyway. I'm curious to find out if they do clear the lanes of parked delivery trucks. Have yet to see it clear in the mornings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
    Unless they get MPD to do an enforcement blitz right before to get all the trucks out.
    . . . Unless MPD actually IS the problem:

Name:  IMG_0903.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  95.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, I have a few of those shots in my camera too.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

only one cab and two delivery trucks this morning! :|

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    only one cab and two delivery trucks this morning! :|
    Shortly after the event there was a DC Govt truck parked in it up by 19th or 20th. I ended up using it from 24th to 15th today as I got frustrated waiting on a cab to go to a meeting and said it's nice, I won't break a sweat and I'll dangerously ride helmetless to a meeting. Saved my work probably $20. I wonder if I can say everytime I save you guys money, 1/3 should go into a jar for me that pays for my tuneups.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terpfan View Post
    Shortly after the event there was a DC Govt truck parked in it up by 19th or 20th. I ended up using it from 24th to 15th today as I got frustrated waiting on a cab to go to a meeting and said it's nice, I won't break a sweat and I'll dangerously ride helmetless to a meeting. Saved my work probably $20. I wonder if I can say everytime I save you guys money, 1/3 should go into a jar for me that pays for my tuneups.
    I saw that same DDOT truck around 19th. Despite parking in the lane, they actually did end up doing some work on one of the bollards.