Likes Likes:  75
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  13
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Capital 'Cross Classic - local cyclocross race in Reston

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arlingtonrider View Post
    Sorry to have missed this today. We need photos!
    Forget the photos, we need cupcakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Between the snow, mud, 23 degrees, chain suck, falling three times and constantly spinning out, I would have to say every inch of it sucked except for the 2" of delicious cupcakes.
    That was an absolute blast that I can't wait to do again next year.
    Last edited by Jason B; 12-08-2013 at 04:25 PM.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't able to stay long and took a bunch of crappy phone pics. (I optimistically brought a 2 year old with a cold, AND a DSLR. Guess which won?)

These are the only two that came out even slightly ok.
    dcv
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2639.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	4239
    tubatransport and dcv, in the left of the picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2648 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	4240

I think I managed to get Dave K to turn get his head once with my "cheering". It was a little hard to recognise a lot of folks all bundled up but I managed to make the most of my short stay. Wish I had been able to watch some of the snowier racing though!

Later on I managed to get out for a quick spin in my neighbourhood. Studded tires make these sort of days really fun for riding (although if weather conditions were like this every day I'm sure I'd see things differently). 38 lbs of bike is a decent workout.
    Last edited by vvill; 12-08-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Oops I thought this was the "Post your ride pics thread". nbd

Post Thanks / Like

acc was awesome giving out cupcake hand ups. Matt Aune gave my wife a beer hand up during her race, he raced later in the day in mens cat 3/4. DaveK, JasonB, Tuba transport, protectnya and I raced mens cat 4/5. Lyds Rod and my wife raced womens cat 4, poor Lyds crashed out on the first lap. Hurt her knee, hope it heals quickly. Dirt vuvuzela master, VVill master blaster w/ baby, Mark Blacknell and megabeth came out to cheer, it was a good time.

Mrs. dcv after coming down the chute

me grunting up the hill

Mrs. dcv asking the race officials if she had to do another lap. The answer was yes, much to her chagrin.
    Last edited by dcv; 12-08-2013 at 03:26 PM.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Mrs dcv kicks butt!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

All you morning racers missed out on ridiculous amounts of thick nasty mud riding. No one needs an operational rear brake in 'cross anyways right? 2014 may be the year I switch to discs.

CapCross by MattAune, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

I did the 8am cat 4/5 race (bib #160, was wearing the jersey with the Reddit alien on it) and it was probably the best race I have done this season. The mud had yet to totally kick in and by the final laps there was decent snow cover. Perfect CX weather. I wasn't able to stick around and watch the later races but from all the pictures it looks like it was pretty epic.