Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Capital 'Cross Classic - local cyclocross race in Reston

Live: Palisades, DC | Work: West End (21 & L)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I was going to go in from the Ice Arena.
    This way?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
    I'm thinking of riding up with Dirt and while I'm not sure what his planned route is, I can guess as much from his user handle. You say the CCT stretch is not road bike friendly - what about a tourer (Surly Disc Trucker) with stock Conti Contact 700x37 tires? I've been meaning to pick up a set of CX tires for the winter anyways and maybe this is a good excuse to do so...
    700x37 would probably be fine (but I'd walk the creek crossing). You might end up walking some of the climbs described by JW and there is one loose descent in that same section that might be interesting without lugs- as he said, doable but probably not much fun. Also, the early section really holds water in the cold season so you might find yourself in mud. I generally wait as much as a week after rain before busting out the CX tires.

The Ice Rink entrance would be fine- check out my Strava link above to see exactly where it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
    Yarp.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I might bring the kid on her trail-a bike to watch the races. We'll ride in from Vienna or thereabouts.

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun everyone and good luck to those racing! Unfortunately, family duties will prevent me from coming to cheer you on in person. I hope to see pictures!

Liz

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Lots of clutching the brakes in terror.
    This is me in any CX race. So far.

Post Thanks / Like

Um, not sure the trail o bike will work on the terrain. I'm bringing my mtb because I'm a wimp. I've done it on a cross bike. There are a lot of roots. And I hate roots more than I hate hills.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a rule 5/ cowgirl up situation. We will persevere. Or we'll detour to Wiehle.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I'm in (missed pre-reg though). CAT4 here I come (my first CX race!)- look for a black LeMond and a "Thunderbird" kit.

Also riding in starting at about 06:15 from Clarendon (any takers?), may stop and join Dirt et al in Vienna but having to register on-site will complicate timing a bit. If my captive non CX spectator decides to sleep in I may leave even earlier and do the DR trails into the park (if anyone wants to flail in the dark, let me know)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuyContinental View Post
    Alright, I'm in (missed pre-reg though). CAT4 here I come (my first CX race!)- look for a black LeMond and a "Thunderbird" kit.

Also riding in starting at about 06:15 from Clarendon (any takers?), may stop and join Dirt et al in Vienna but having to register on-site will complicate timing a bit. If my captive non CX spectator decides to sleep in I may leave even earlier and do the DR trails into the park (if anyone wants to flail in the dark, let me know)
    Have a great time! Congratulations on entering this event!