Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ...And then I had cold ears...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    I'm pretty sure having kids didn't affect YOUR body so much...
    I'm pretty sure I'm packing on pregnancy pounds faster than my wife.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ior/55587288/1

**please note that I'm not trying to say that childbirth has an equal physical impact on men, just having a bit of fun...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Actually...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ior/55587288/1

**please note that I'm not trying to say that childbirth has an equal physical impact on men, just having a bit of fun...
    My wife was pregnant during my training for my first Ironman race. We'd both sit around with our feet elevated, complaining about how sore our bodies were. Compression socks were our friends. We both had intense food cravings and would wake up hungry in the middle of the night. There were so many radical changes going on with our bodies all at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I learned last year that one does not belly-ache about one's extreme weight loss with one's noble and long suffering spousal unit (be she a rider or not).

That said, I picked up a kid wrong the last week of September and wrenched my back so badly that I was off the bike for 5 weeks, so the little buggers do have impact. (I know, I know... not the same thing)

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure my larger belly close to after each kid was born was designed by evolution to help them sleep on me instead of the true maternal unit.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

At least I got to lose 20 pounds in one weekend. That was fun.

And this weekend was the first time I could get into non-maternity pants. I've never been so happy to put on my fat jeans. :-)

I really do miss the bike and exercising and stuff. Please remind me of this in the dead of winter when I'm moaning about it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    let us know how your new fancy plastic underwear works!
    I had to follow up- the "plastic underwear" worked very well on their maiden voyage this morning, didn't notice that they were there and my 'bits stayed nice and cozy. It's a lot of layers (tights + wind briefs + knickers) but wasn't any more constricting than my usual kit. Perhaps one of the better $20 I've ever spent and a simple solution to the problem.

Now if I could just figure out my hands... I've been hovering over those Cozy Winters gloves for the last 45 minutes but probably won't pull the trigger... now if they were $50 less Santa might come early. Sigh...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuyContinental View Post
    Now if I could just figure out my hands... I've been hovering over those Cozy Winters gloves for the last 45 minutes but probably won't pull the trigger... now if they were $50 less Santa might come early. Sigh...
    It appears the $300 ones are on sale for $200, which is the cheapest I've seen them. (Personally, I'd pull the trigger at that price, but I already have a pair.)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how warm the road bike version is, but with my lightest fall gloves, my hands were very warm in the flat bar version of Moose Mitts this morning. I know they look strange, but they're amazing on mornings like this. I get cold fingers easily, but could go gloveless with them. I can't even use them with anything but very light gloves or my hands get overheated. Dirt and others who use the drop bar version have recommended them highly too.
    Last edited by Arlingtonrider; 12-14-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Will let the link speak for itself.

http://thermajock.com/