Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for used bicycle

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Tallulla is nice, but I miss Whitey's. Used to go there after softball my first few years on DC.
    Tallulla is nice, but EatBar is better. Hooray for cartoon breakfasts

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the love folks. We love bros. We love sheila's, too. Check out the post at the top. We'll be in DC this Saturday selling bikes, 10-2p at the Big Bear Cafe, 1700 1st street NW.

Henry Dunbar
    Executive Director
    Phoenix Bikes

Post Thanks / Like

The Old Bike Shop officially opened a few days ago. Article: http://clarendon.patch.com/articles/...s-in-arlington

I hesitated to post this as I'm a supporter of the Velocity bike coop in Alexandria http://velocitycoop.org Velocity also fixes up bikes and sells them. I'm convinced that both Velocity and The Old Bike Shop will succeed. Spreading the word about both will just get more and more people biking.

FYI Velocity is a great place to learn to fix your bike. It's open 7 days. Volunteers will teach you how to fix your bike. The only cost is a $10/hour fee to use their bike stands, tools, lube, etc. Beats dropping a bike off at a bike shop, waiting 1-2 weeks for it to get fixed (in the summer), then having to go back to the shop to pick it up.

rcannon100 is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to Velocity in the Fall with a problem that I was having trouble solving. The staff was fantastic. Not only did the problem get fixed, but the staff was great at teaching me how to fix the problem myself. Very pleased with the experience (and ice cream across the street!!!)