Thread: Activiity at intersection of Eads and FMR last night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Activiity at intersection of Eads and FMR last night

There were several trucks, including Arl County trucks, at the intersection of FMR and Eads around 7 p.m. last night, with tape creating a short detour on the trail to get around them. I should have stopped to ask what was going on, but I was in a rush to get home and my light was running out of charge. It looked like it might have had something to do with lighting pointing at the water.

Does anyone know what was going on? I didn't see any police.

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Since there were large diameter hoses out and there is still sludge coned off on the trail this morning, I'm guessing it had something to do with the sewer lines(waste or storm water?).

mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw a report of a sewage leak in Arlington, maybe related? Don't go swimming.

Post Thanks / Like

My colleague forwarded me this Arlington alert:

The Arlington County Department of Environmental Services reports the possible release of sewage from a private building into the storm drains system. They are advising that humans and pets avoid contact with the water in Doctors Branch from Alcova Heights Park located at South 8th st. and George Mason Drive to Four Mile Run at Barcroft Park for several days to allow flushing of the stream. MAB/OEM

Sent by Arlington County OEM to All users (e-mail) through Arlington Alert

Post Thanks / Like

They were still working in that area yesterday so I stopped and asked, just out of curiosity. It turns out that they were just pulling some auxiliary pumping equipment in for the evening of the short trail detour so that they could work on making some upgrades to the regular equipment. (The bike path detour was miniscule, well-marked and short-lived.)

p.s. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Looking forward to meeting at Black Friday coffee club tomorrow.
    Last edited by Arlingtonrider; 11-22-2012 at 09:03 AM.

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arlingtonrider View Post
    They were still working in that area yesterday so I stopped and asked, just out of curiosity. It turns out that they were just pulling some auxiliary pumping equipment in for the evening of the short trail detour so that they could work on making some upgrades to the regular equipment. (The bike path detour was miniscule, well-marked and short-lived.)

p.s. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Looking forward to meeting at Black Friday coffee club tomorrow.
    It was not well marked at all at 5:30 on Monday evening. All of a sudden you came up on a big truck blocking literally everything including most of the pavement to the Eads St turnaround. Its only saving grace was that they did have the yellow bubble gum machine light going. Everythings was cleared away by this morning.