Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 50 MORE rules?

consularrider is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    That doesn't make you a noob, Liz. It makes Chris and I ELITE.
    Much better. Which Chris?

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I get it too since I bought a bike at Performance and joined their buyers club beforehand. I usually read 50% of each issue readily enough, 25% with some difficulty, and never read 25% - about the same as any mass media magazine really.

Their worst thing is the annual "Buyers Guide"...

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vvill View Post
    I get it too since I bought a bike at Performance and joined their buyers club beforehand.
    Oooooooh, I bet that's why I started getting it. That membership paid for itself already, but I've been trying to focus on using my REI membership instead. Of course, I spent the big money at FreshBikes and now that they're my LBS (as in, closest geographically) I'll probably spend most of my dollars there, but PB and REI have some irresistible sales...

Post Thanks / Like

REI carries Pedro's ice wax. Just sayin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, with the new FreshBikes over in the Mosaic in Merrifield, they're the second closest to me (Bonzai being closest), plus my gym's right there, so I'll have to stop in and drool some.

consularrider is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Oooooooh, I bet that's why I started getting it. That membership paid for itself already, but I've been trying to focus on using my REI membership instead. Of course, I spent the big money at FreshBikes and now that they're my LBS (as in, closest geographically) I'll probably spend most of my dollars there, but PB and REI have some irresistible sales...
    Since you're now in Westover, don't forget about Bikenetics in Falls Church and Tri360 at East Falls Church.

mstone is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Actually yes. That is a pretty chronic problem. Your skewer can be tight enough that the lever doesn't move, but the axle jiggles in the dropout a tiny bit. The wheel isn't going to come off, but it moves just enough to make a creaking noise that sounds like your bottom bracket is messed up. I "fix" a few bikes per month as I'm riding along the trail.
    There's a creak, and there's a rattle. Man says rattle, I'm thinking energetic 6 month old or metal parts flapping in the breeze. :-)

8. 11-20-2012, 04:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KelOnWheels View Post
    So that makes what, like 147 rules to follow now?

http://www.bicycling.com/training-nu...0-golden-rules

"When the shoes come off, your shorts should come off with them."

So I have to tie my shorts to my shoes?

ELITE!
    My dear wife read this over my shoulder and said she strongly disagreed with this rule. Seems she thinks me in kit is pay back for her manning the household helm while I am out peddling around.

Hiding her glasses helps too.

Post Thanks / Like

Clean your shoes monthly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    My dear wife read this over my shoulder and said she strongly disagreed with this rule. Seems she thinks me in kit is pay back for her manning the household helm while I am out peddling around.

Hiding her glasses helps too.
    I made this mistake once. After a really warm day, I sat in my chair (cooling off in the A/C) for about 30 minutes before heading up to the shower. I don't have terribly sensitive skin, but that 30 minutes wrecked me for a few days. I'm still not sure what caused the rash, but it did go away ladies, so I'm all safe now