Thread: Construction on WOD at Carlyn Springs / Glen Carlyn

rcannon100 is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Construction on WOD at Carlyn Springs / Glen Carlyn

From ARLCO

Below is some activity scheduled near the trail for next week. Please distribute to our user groups. I am informed that it will not impact the trail, but you know how reality is…

Arlington County has an existing sanitary sewer line within the Glencarlyn Park in need of relining. This relining will involve the contractor using the existing Right-of-Way.

AM Liner East Inc. has been contracted to perform the cleaning and lining work that is scheduled from Wednesday, November 21, 2012 from 7:00am to 7:00pm

The following map shows the areas where AM Liner's workers will need access to manholes in order to perform the job.
    Name:  wod.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  52.1 KB

consularrider is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

So they're back again, there been a couple other periods of this work to the east along the 4MRT. This afternoon there were warning signs up as I was heading west, didn't look to see is there was anything on the Bluemont side of Carlin Springs.

consularrider is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like there is something similiar further east on the 4MRT at Eads St between the water treatment plant and the electical substation. Last night a very large truck was completely blocking the trail. There was a large diameter hose out. This morning there are a set of cones surrounding a muddy patch there.

Post Thanks / Like

The AM Liner trucks were in the parking lot off Carling Springs Rd at 7:30 this morning, but the work hadn't yet started.