Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to go for a 79 mile ride this weekend? Yes, another Strava challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is on RWGPS. I think it downloads into the Garmin better from there: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1171493

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally wimped out on this one...did 40ish miles though, so that's gotta count for something. As much as I love riding, doing it in cool/cold weather just takes a lot of the fun away for me. I guess I just need to HTFU.

Post Thanks / Like

I could not do this due to schedule constraints. I know some of you made it, so congrats. I am just sad they are not doing a Turkey Takeoff this year -- for once, the stars aligned and I actually could have attempted it! They will do the Festive 500, but I'm not sure I can do that again. Too much riding around in the dark by myself -- blah. Not festive.

Liz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Totally wimped out on this one...did 40ish miles though, so that's gotta count for something. As much as I love riding, doing it in cool/cold weather just takes a lot of the fun away for me. I guess I just need to HTFU.
    I was looking for Consularrider and your silver R3 all day. At the last minute I was a lazy brain and just took the easy route to Purcellville and rode around there for a bit. I ran out of road at the 50 mile mark:

nice scenery

I used gears today

Post Thanks / Like

dcv, there's something wrong with the bike in your photos. The pedals don't move when the wheel does...

Post Thanks / Like

Damnit! I forgot that was this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    spending the proceeds from selling my motorcycle on a nice road bike
    Uh oh. I've got a motorcycle sitting out back, and, well it's mostly sat out back. Fun to take out from time to time. But I'd never really looked at it as another bike. Might be time to sell . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post
    dcv, there's something wrong with the bike in your photos. The pedals don't move when the wheel does...
    I know, and it has water bottles too. Eminva spotted me today but was confused because I was riding a bike with gears.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blacknell View Post
    Uh oh. I've got a motorcycle sitting out back, and, well it's mostly sat out back. Fun to take out from time to time. But I'd never really looked at it as another bike. Might be time to sell . . .
    I was surprised to only get one serious inquiry on mine, which thankfully panned out. Otherwise, I'd have probably had to wait until March or so for the buyers to wake up from winter hibernation.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blacknell View Post
    Damnit! I forgot that was this weekend.
    Hains Pt, now. You still have time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcv View Post
    I was looking for Consularrider and your silver R3 all day. At the last minute I was a lazy brain and just took the easy route to Purcellville and rode around there for a bit. I ran out of road at the 50 mile mark:
    We had fun getting dirty. Finished up the challenge in a pretty good way.