Thread: Escape to Sligo Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Escape to Sligo Creek

Wanna get away?

The W&OD, Custis and MVT are packed (I know, I just came home that way). But there is some beautiful riding to be had in our region, away from the maddening crowds.

Today I took a ride to the Sligo Creek area in Takoma Park-Silver Spring Maryland. There is a lot for a cyclist to love. The fall colors are just spectacular. Also, there are no people out there!

Like hills? Wow, do the side streets off Sligo Creek offer a festival for you. You can do hill repeats all day without doing the same block twice. Don't like hills? No problem -- just follow the stream bed which varies little in elevation. There is a path next to the creek, and significant portions of Sligo Creek Parkway are closed on the weekend. I did not see another human being as I rode between gates. Peaceful and beautiful!

Liz
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0860.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	2043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0859.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	2042

Post Thanks / Like

Awww you shoulda said you were coming by I coulda come out to wave hello. Sligo is fun even at rush hour. My favorite park to ride. Glad you enjoyed the ride.

Post Thanks / Like

That's my commuter route, when I can manage it. Love Sligo Creek! That Parkway, even during the week, doesn't have a ton of traffic. What traffic there is travels fairly slow, usually.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by amzee88; 11-19-2012 at 11:31 AM.