Thread: Route Help: Garret Park, MD to Downtown DC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Route Help: Garret Park, MD to Downtown DC

Once I get to the Capital Crescent, I'll be OK... but how the heck should I get there? Google's beta bike looks nutty to me...

Anyone have a recommendation?

The following section is NOT what I want to ride for the next week while we are displaced from our home in VA due to water damage from Sandy...
    Name:  ScreenShot001.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  63.4 KB

If there isn't a relatively direct/simple/safe connection, I'll just do metro for the week till I can get back home and do my normal MVT ride.

Thanks for any tip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thecyclingeconomist View Post
    Once I get to the Capital Crescent, I'll be OK... but how the heck should I get there? Google's beta bike looks nutty to me...

Anyone have a recommendation?

The following section is NOT what I want to ride for the next week while we are displaced from our home in VA due to water damage from Sandy...
    Name:  ScreenShot001.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  63.4 KB

If there isn't a relatively direct/simple/safe connection, I'll just do metro for the week till I can get back home and do my normal MVT ride.

Thanks for any tip!
    Beach Drive to RCP or to GBT/CCT. That's what I would do. I should add Beach Drive has plenty of cyclists and a low speed limit so I think it's one of the better roads crossing MoCo safety-wise.

Post Thanks / Like

Bike planner came up with the same route. I guess you could try to go West and connect with the Bethesda Trolley trail.
    Last edited by jopamora; 11-08-2012 at 07:40 PM.