Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I was in a bike accident this morning

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    Even VDOT has questioned their legality, and there's at least one court case that has nullified them.
    Do you know the name of the case or where I can find it? Thanks.

Just looked at the street view - this is about the PEDESTRIAN lights, not traffic lights, right? That's different from what I thought we were talking about. A stop sign and a pedestrian light signal make no sense together.
    Last edited by baiskeli; 11-05-2012 at 01:59 PM.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

It was mentioned on the forum -- unfortunately, I can't pull it up now. The reasoning had nothing to do with the stoplight - it was that the stop sign was authorized for use on motorways (or similar) and a trail didn't fit that definition.

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    It was mentioned on the forum -- unfortunately, I can't pull it up now. The reasoning had nothing to do with the stoplight - it was that the stop sign was authorized for use on motorways (or similar) and a trail didn't fit that definition.
    Never mind, I figured it out - I thought this was about traffic lights, not pedestrian lights. Yeah, stop signs for pedestrians (and bikes) with a green walk signal are dumb.

Post Thanks / Like

Early in the morning (eg, 0430), the walk signal does not come on at that intersection. Having a stop sign there for those times when the light is off makes some sense. Removing the stop signs altogether and instead having pedestrian signals automatically come on with the corresponding traffic signal would make a lot more sense.