Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: L Street Bike Lanes

Live: Palisades, DC | Work: West End (21 & L)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Hahahaha Yes, it was the wrong Ctrl-V! That was a link I was supposed to send my mom about when to buy a fridge! Thanks for standing up for me Yes, that's me you met on Penn
    Figured as much - good to see you here on the forums!

Post Thanks / Like

Bollards are being installed!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rode L Street Cycletrack today

First ride on the new cycletrack. Nicely done! It is gonna take a little getting used to for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

And The Washington Post weighs in:

New D.C. Bike Lane on L Street NW Causes Confusion

Post Thanks / Like

And weight in a photograph of a lady rider on the front page of the VA print edition the no less. Can't help but think she looks like she is suffering from a rib stitch.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Even before the final signs, markings and white bollards were in place — and days before the official ribbon-cutting — the new lane was causing confusion and consternation.
    So, people are confused by the lane when it's still not done? SHOCKING. This is what passes for journalism these days?

Greenbelt is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I rode a part of the lane this morning, and I thought it worked pretty well. The posts at the entrance of each intersection seemed to help a lot.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, no one parked or drove in the lane this morning with the new bollards installed. Not sure a recumbent trike could fit between the double bollards, so that would be my only complaint. Not that I've ever seen a recumbent trike downtown.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Yes, no one parked or drove in the lane this morning with the new bollards installed. Not sure a recumbent trike could fit between the double bollards, so that would be my only complaint. Not that I've ever seen a recumbent trike downtown.
    I was actually hoping to use this lane next time I take a kid to the doctor - I assume the trailer is going to be too wide if you're not sure about a trike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    I was actually hoping to use this lane next time I take a kid to the doctor - I assume the trailer is going to be too wide if you're not sure about a trike.
    I think you'll be okay -- you may need to put your best bike handling skills to work or come at it obliquely (there is a little extra space between the bollards at the entrance to the lane and where the row of bollards begins along the side of the lane).

I think the improvements are quite good. I had no problems today. Cars seemed to figure out where to merge and there were no left hooks as I made my way through.

There was a huge backup of traffic turning from Pennsylvania onto L, though. Hope that was an isolated incident and not a result of the new traffic patterns or get ready for the backlash.

Liz