Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: L Street Bike Lanes

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Hahahaha Yes, it was the wrong Ctrl-V! That was a link I was supposed to send my mom about when to buy a fridge! Thanks for standing up for me Yes, that's me you met on Penn
    Figured as much - good to see you here on the forums!

Bollards are being installed!

Default Rode L Street Cycletrack today

First ride on the new cycletrack. Nicely done! It is gonna take a little getting used to for everyone.

And The Washington Post weighs in:

New D.C. Bike Lane on L Street NW Causes Confusion

And weight in a photograph of a lady rider on the front page of the VA print edition the no less. Can't help but think she looks like she is suffering from a rib stitch.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Even before the final signs, markings and white bollards were in place — and days before the official ribbon-cutting — the new lane was causing confusion and consternation.
    So, people are confused by the lane when it's still not done? SHOCKING. This is what passes for journalism these days?

I rode a part of the lane this morning, and I thought it worked pretty well. The posts at the entrance of each intersection seemed to help a lot.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Yes, no one parked or drove in the lane this morning with the new bollards installed. Not sure a recumbent trike could fit between the double bollards, so that would be my only complaint. Not that I've ever seen a recumbent trike downtown.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Yes, no one parked or drove in the lane this morning with the new bollards installed. Not sure a recumbent trike could fit between the double bollards, so that would be my only complaint. Not that I've ever seen a recumbent trike downtown.
    I was actually hoping to use this lane next time I take a kid to the doctor - I assume the trailer is going to be too wide if you're not sure about a trike.

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    I was actually hoping to use this lane next time I take a kid to the doctor - I assume the trailer is going to be too wide if you're not sure about a trike.
    I think you'll be okay -- you may need to put your best bike handling skills to work or come at it obliquely (there is a little extra space between the bollards at the entrance to the lane and where the row of bollards begins along the side of the lane).

I think the improvements are quite good. I had no problems today. Cars seemed to figure out where to merge and there were no left hooks as I made my way through.

There was a huge backup of traffic turning from Pennsylvania onto L, though. Hope that was an isolated incident and not a result of the new traffic patterns or get ready for the backlash.

Liz