Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your bike thread

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Did you piece it together or buy it and strip/paint the frame? The specs on those are great, but I can't stand the paint schemes.
    Oh, bikesdirect is selling these frames in matte black, gloss black and gloss white for $599 (frameset, but I just resold the fork since I had the Enve which I like very much). Agree that the standard Motobecane paint schemes are atrocious.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

I think Cannondale is copying you!

from http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1383854&type=1

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Oh, bikesdirect is selling these frames in matte black, gloss black and gloss white for $599 (frameset, but I just resold the fork since I had the Enve which I like very much). Agree that the standard Motobecane paint schemes are atrocious.
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...n_frameset.htm

Cool. Although anyone who wants me to buy a bike sight unseen and doesn't provide stack and reach should be flogged. I know it can be calculated, but I'm a lazy American who doesn't believe in science.

I love my Six13 but this is a pretty good budget option should something go wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...n_frameset.htm

Cool. Although anyone who wants me to buy a bike sight unseen and doesn't provide stack and reach should be flogged. I know it can be calculated, but I'm a lazy American who doesn't believe in science.

I love my Six13 but this is a pretty good budget option should something go wrong...
    Yeah, I've never seen a site list stack/reach for frame geometry. For road bikes it would be nice to have more nuanced fit information. Then again, my fit seems to be constantly evolving depending on how much & what kind of riding I'm doing; maybe in 10 years I'll have it nailed down to the mm.

The LeChampion was well reviewed so I decided it was worth the small premium over [aesthetically] similarly Chinese frames on ebay. It's not very light for a CF; I believe my 58cm was 2lbs 12oz, but that is perfectly fine by me -- it's still a ~16.5lb build, and I suspect that is not what's holding me back

Nashbar has an arguably better-deal carbon road frame option too: http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...2_543482_-1___

(And today it would be 20% off.)

That is probably a better deal since the included fork is full carbon -- and the tapered steerer is probably the way to go

My next road frame will be a disc frame. After riding carbon wheels for a week or so, I've learned [what everyone already knew] that a carbon braking surface is a horrible idea.

5. 02-20-2013, 08:19 AM

Reason
    Opps, wrong thread. :O

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    vvill blew by me heading north into the wind at the 16 milepost on the MVT this morning - we exhanged pleasantries.
    Good to see you out there. The W&OD was fairly empty, the MVT always seems to have the regulars.

Also I *think* I saw Rootchopper a little earlier on his recumbent?

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills

Quote Originally Posted by vvill View Post
    Good to see you out there. The W&OD was fairly empty, the MVT always seems to have the regulars.

Also I *think* I saw Rootchopper a little earlier on his recumbent?
    Dang and just as I was trying to move my original post to the OneEighth sighting thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KHS.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	2458

Building a bike up for my daughter. KHS frameset (Reynolds 853!!) from eBay; H+Son TB14/Shimano 105 wheels; Tiagra components.

Quote Originally Posted by elcee View Post

Building a bike up for my daughter. KHS frameset (Reynolds 853!!) from eBay; H+Son TB14/Shimano 105 wheels; Tiagra components.
    Nice looking bike! - and sounds like it'll be a great build.

Nice, looking bike!

Oh boy, oh boy. I can't wait until I can build up some bikes for my kids!!

Nice crankset...R600 or R700?