Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your bike thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcv View Post
    what tires? reflective sidewall?
    Marathon Plus Tour HS 404

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vvill View Post
    Mostly I just want to be able to lift/carry the bike easier.
    I've been curious about how you like the Jake. I was looking at them online yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	2031
    Here is my Surly Long Haul Trucker in full commuter mode, a svelte 50 lbs with the garment bag pannier.
    Do you come out of Vienna on the WOD going towards DC??

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot how much fun it is to ride a 75 pound cargo bike with this sign on the back...

This morning awoman that I'd just passed on a hill called up to me, "I wish I had a horn!"

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    I've been curious about how you like the Jake. I was looking at them online yesterday.
    I'm very happy with it but this is only the second (non-folding) drop bar bike I've ridden so I don't have a lot to compare with. Certainly less racy than my road bike, but I haven't yet tried it with slicker tires. Some reasons I went with the Kona: availability for test rides, lifetime frame warranty, they have a great relationship with the LBS (Bikenetic), and also - I plan to get at least one other wheelset for the bike and I really wanted 135mm rear spacing (or at least 132.5mm) so I could use MTB hubs. The Jamis Nova Race for example has 130mm rear spacing (not listed in their specs online, but I emailed them and that was their reply). I also considered Redline's Metro Classic (even more commuter centric; couldn't test ride easily) and a build based around the Soma Doublecross DC (frame warranty is not lifetime; probably more expensive to build up).

I do wish Kona had a more race-ready disc brake CX bike out of the box: I felt the stock disc brakes were inadequate (rode on them for about a week) so I had those upgraded to BB7s. I also don't particularly like triples so I had that changed to a cyclocross crankset (46/36) which then meant I needed to change the left shifter - so I ended up upgrading both to 105 to avoid having the shift cables jutting out. The fork is aluminum which may not be to some people's taste, but I would assume it's at least fairly light. I figure I can upgrade it later if/when full carbon disc forks become reasonably priced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by culimerc View Post
    Do you come out of Vienna on the WOD going towards DC??
    No, I get on the WOD in Arlington near the East Falls Church Metro. I'd like to put fenders on it. It is also my ride to the Westover Beer Garden every now and then.

Post Thanks / Like

My son's Specialized Tricross, we spent time cleaning it up and swapping parts (another CL score). He's learning how to wrench.

My Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno, this bike gets all the hand-me-down parts from my other bikes.
    Last edited by dcv; 11-08-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

New Fixie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post

New Fixie
    Dingle!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post
    Dingle!
    Dixie, to be accurate. It barely fits in there. Fitting a 44t inner ring on this frame is pretty tight. 46/44 up front. 17/19 in back. 46x17 and 44x19 use the same chain length, so the vertical dropouts make gear changes pretty easy.