Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: L Street cycletracks

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

I though you all would enjoy this picture if you haven't seen it already.

Greenbelt is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

No cars or trucks parked in the track this morning at about 7:45, at least between 21st and 15th.

However, the Treasury department was using the 15th street track as a construction loading zone -- completely blocked.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw three delivery trucks and a car parked in the bike lane at around 9:45am. I still have not seen it all clear!

Post Thanks / Like

The po-po making sure no one accidentally biked into the construction zone on the next block.

Post Thanks / Like

Been seeing wrong way cyclists on the cycletrack far too often. I tend to let them know that they're going the wrong way but I get the feeling they're well aware of that already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanEngineer View Post
    Been seeing wrong way cyclists on the cycletrack far too often. I tend to let them know that they're going the wrong way but I get the feeling they're well aware of that already.
    I look at it as the latent demand for the M Street cycletrack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Lol, me too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    I get they want to ride West bound in a cycle track but doing so in the East bound cycletrack is dangerous. Much better off using any of the other east bound roads.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question about the L Street Cycletracks. I have tried to do some research, but haven't come up with anything yet...what is the etiquette/what is the safest way when using these cycletracks to make a right hand turn at an intersection that is currently moving forward.

For example...I am riding Eastbound in the L Street Cycletracks, but want to make a right on to the 15th street bike lanes when I get there. What should I do when I reach 15th, and L street still has the green light moving forward with heavy morning traffic. I don't want to just stop right in the cycletracks to wait for the light to change in case someone is behind me, and cutting left onto the sidewalk seems dangerous if a car has moved into the left turn lane. Thoughts? What has been your experience and your solutions? I actually like having this route, and I feel like the more people that use it, the more cars will get used to us.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerialCarpins View Post
    I have a question about the L Street Cycletracks. I have tried to do some research, but haven't come up with anything yet...what is the etiquette/what is the safest way when using these cycletracks to make a right hand turn at an intersection that is currently moving forward.

For example...I am riding Eastbound in the L Street Cycletracks, but want to make a right on to the 15th street bike lanes when I get there. What should I do when I reach 15th, and L street still has the green light moving forward with heavy morning traffic. I don't want to just stop right in the cycletracks to wait for the light to change in case someone is behind me, and cutting left onto the sidewalk seems dangerous if a car has moved into the left turn lane. Thoughts? What has been your experience and your solutions? I actually like having this route, and I feel like the more people that use it, the more cars will get used to us.
    I've asked the same question awhile back. The only thing to do is to turn left onto the 15th st. cycletrack and stop and turn around if it's safe to do so. If you just stop on L there's not enough space for another rider to pass. But I usually either try to slow down enough early on to hit the red light or I leave the bike lane a block early and go to the right lane.