Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Webinar Series: New Urban Streets Methodology--Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Transit Modes

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Webinar Series: New Urban Streets Methodology--Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Transit Modes

Shameless cut and paste:

HCM2010 Webinar Series: New Urban Streets Methodology--Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Transit Modes

The Transportation Research Board (TRB) is cosponsoring a webinar on October 11, 2012, from 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. ET, which is being conducted by the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE), that will explore the application of the new multimodal urban streets method as it relates to the bicycle, pedestrian, and transit modes.

Participants must register in advance of the webinar, space is limited, and there is a fee for non-TRB Sponsor employees.

Please note there are two paths on the ITE website for registering, depending on whether or not you are the employee of a TRB sponsor.

This webinar is the fourth of a six-part joint TRB and ITE webinar series on the HCM2010.

You can order your copy of the HCM2010 today!

HCM2010, which updates HCM2000, will significantly enhance how engineers and planners assess the traffic and environmental effects of highway projects by:

providing an integrated multimodal approach to the analysis and evaluation of urban streets from the points of view of automobile drivers, transit passengers, bicyclists, and pedestrians;
    addressing the proper application of micro-simulation analysis and the evaluation of those results;
    examining active traffic management in relation to both demand and capacity; and
    exploring specific tools and generalized service volume tables, to assist planners in quickly sizing future facilities.

The HCM 2010 has been split into four volumes:

Volume 1 Concepts;
    Volume 2 - Uninterrupted Flow;
    Volume 3 - Interrupted Flow; and
    Volume 4 - Applications Guide (electronic only)

This four-volume format was developed to provide information at several levels of detail, to help HCM users more easily apply and understand the concepts, methodologies, and potential applications presented in the manual.

Volume 4 is an electronic-only volume that registered HCM users will be able to access via the Internet. This volume includes four types of content: supplemental chapters on methodological details and emerging issues; interpretations, clarifications, and corrections; comprehensive case studies; and a technical reference library.

More at:

http://www.ite.org/education/webinars_HCM.asp#NEW_URBAN_STREETS_METHODOLOGY-BICYCLE,_PEDESTRIAN,_AND_TRANSIT_MODES

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you're interested in the nuts and bolts of how traffic engineers measure roadway capacity and define "level of service", this will be spectacularly boring. I will probably require massive amounts of caffeine to get through it.

The NACTO and APBP webinars are usually less technical and more engaging. This is strictly state of the practice, continuing education stuff.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that's written in Fed speak. I tried to decipher it, now I need a cocktail.