Likes Likes:  7,482
Dislikes Dislikes:  72
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 99 of 677 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199599 ... LastLast

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Wasn't expecting to use my arm warmers again until closer to September, but they came in handy for the first couple miles this morning.
    Yeah! It was a bit chilly this morning!

Can it stay like this the rest of the summer?

Also, I saw a KayakCyndi! And another boat!

Post Thanks / Like

Cold + tailwind = fast (for me anyways)!
    15.5mi
    Distance
    374ft
    Elevation (?)
    59:30
    Moving Time
    Calories
    Time 00:59:30
    Elapsed Time 01:02:37
    Avg Temp 59F
    Max Speed 30.4mi/h
    Avg Speed 15.6mi/h
    Cadence
    Device Garmin Edge 800
    Bike commuter

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

No commute today, but a nice ride from Chillicothe to Washington Courthouse (Ohio) and back on a nice rail trail.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to dig into my Strategic Sock Reserve (SSR) this morning, as I forgot to pack a pair last night. If you don't already, I highly advise keeping an SSR, as well as an SUR (Strategic Underwear Reserve) and SDSR (Strategic Dress Shirt Reserve). Now let's just see if I remember to bring in an extra pair of socks to replenish the SSR...

Post Thanks / Like

Very happy to be back on the bike after two and half months. Picked a gorgeous day to get it going again, too. The first person I saw was dcv (said mornin' as he passed me near Lee+WOD) and I just took it slow and easy. Deliberately rode past where I wiped out and got loaded into the ambulance. That's over and done with now.

Like I said on Strava - I will never take bike commuting for granted again. The past 10 weeks in the car was terrible. So glad to be back at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Very happy to be back on the bike after two and half months. Picked a gorgeous day to get it going again, too. The first person I saw was dcv (said mornin' as he passed me near Lee+WOD) and I just took it slow and easy. Deliberately rode past where I wiped out and got loaded into the ambulance. That's over and done with now.

Like I said on Strava - I will never take bike commuting for granted again. The past 10 weeks in the car was terrible. So glad to be back at it.
    Sorry I didn't recognize you, glad you're back in the saddle.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I will never take bike commuting for granted again. The past 10 weeks in the car was terrible. So glad to be back at it.
    I know how you feel!! I opted for Metrobus + rail most of the time instead of the car so at least I could kill time on my phone but either way I am very glad to be back. Let me know if you want to do some gentle rides sometime. I'm still on a flat bar bike.

(Of course this morning I was running late and threw the bike on the car, only to have my car tire go flat on me... sigh. This particular car has maybe 45k mileage on it in 7 years so I'm guessing it will need a new set of tires if I look at them closely. $50 bike tires suddenly sound very cheap.)

Post Thanks / Like

This morning was a gorgeous ride. I finally replaced the cog after lots of struggles getting the old one off, and the new one meshes with the new chain and is perfectly silent. The feeling of cutting through the cool(ish) morning air and hearing nothing but the wind is exhilarating.

Was a perfect commute until 1/4 mile from work when the WM "food waste recycling" truck passed me. Garbage trucks stink but when it's all compostable and already fermenting / whatever it does, it really really reeks. Yuck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Now let's just see if I remember to bring in an extra pair of socks to replenish the SSR...
    This is the hard part. Nothing like having your reserve be depleted when you need it again!

Post Thanks / Like

Today I saw TWO boats!

Also a lot of your faces at Friday Coffee Club!