Likes Likes:  7,481
Dislikes Dislikes:  72
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 674 of 677 FirstFirst ... 174574624664672673674675676 ... LastLast
Results 6,731 to 6,740 of 6764

Thread: My Morning Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I think G Street east of the White House can't get any worse, I'm proven wrong.

2. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried out the new pedestrian/bike bridge by the Kennedy Center. It was great, a useful connection between the waterfront path and the Roosevelt Bridge path and a safe crossing of Rock Creek Pkwy.

4. Likes Steve O, buschwacker, dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Tried out the new pedestrian/bike bridge by the Kennedy Center. It was great, a useful connection between the waterfront path and the Roosevelt Bridge path and a safe crossing of Rock Creek Pkwy.
    Hows the width clearance? So far I have only driven a car beneath that new bridge -- but it seems very narrow for bikes + pedestrians simultaneously?

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    Hows the width clearance? So far I have only driven a car beneath that new bridge -- but it seems very narrow for bikes + pedestrians simultaneously?
    As someone who has seen it from the TR Bridge sidepath, it seems luxuriously wide.

7. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    Width is fine, gradient is fine not too steep, but the design has some sharp 180 degree switchbacks. No problem on my morning commute when nobody else is using it at the same time, but might be an issue later in the daytime when people are also using it.

9. Likes ChristoB50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a recording from this morning's commute showing the new bicycle pedestrian bridge at the Kennedy Center

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Here is a recording from this morning's commute showing the new bicycle pedestrian bridge at the Kennedy Center
    I was surprised to see you connect to the TR bridge rather than continue onto the main street. That's going to make the TR Bridge suck more.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

That skate park looks awesome.

13. Likes Judd, rcannon100, dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    I was surprised to see you connect to the TR bridge rather than continue onto the main street. That's going to make the TR Bridge suck more.
    I thought about this and let it sit overnight, and I still can't figure out why Dewey is making the TR bridge suck?

15. Likes Dewey, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked again this morning and it is also possible to not go up to the TR bridge path but when you pass the KC Reach building turn left and follow the path around to the entrance that becomes the sidewalk for the ramp to the KC underground parking garage. You could cross the ramp and ride up the road in front of the Kennedy Center plaza, but there is no crosswalk there and at 10am this morning the garage ramp had a fair amount of vehicle traffic from buses and delivery trucks so did not look very inviting, instead I rode up to the TR bridge path which I think the designers intended for bicycles.

17. Likes dasgeh liked this post