Likes Likes:  7,481
Dislikes Dislikes:  72
ELITE ELITE:  584
Page 576 of 677 FirstFirst ... 76476526566574575576577578586626676 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 6764

Thread: My Morning Commute

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

When you find your gloves and cap at the front desk because they fell out of your bag. And then you realize it could have been your chamois.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    When you find your gloves and cap at the front desk because they fell out of your bag. And then you realize it could have been your chamois.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most likely it would have not been at the front desk, but surrounded with orange biohazard tape where it dropped on the floor.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ian74 View Post
    Most likely it would have not been at the front desk, but surrounded with orange biohazard tape where it dropped on the floor.
    But some clueless person would have picked it up first.

Post Thanks / Like

Traffic this morning seemed a bit, um, hungover. Drivers were much calmer, I saw little to no aggressive driving, and the areas that normally get highly congested were flowing smoother. I guess all that candy puts people in a saintly mood

Post Thanks / Like

When daylight savings time ends next week I am really going to miss my peaceful morning commutes in the dark. Leaving South Alexandria and heading north on the MVT at 6:30AM right now means the first half to 2/3rds of my commute is totally dark, and there's almost no one else on the trail. The lights in National Harbor and DC give off an amazing glow over the river, and the sun slowly rising during the later portion of my commute just makes for such a peaceful ride to work every day. It's just me, my bike, my coffee and nature all alone in the dark. I'm so lucky to have such a beautiful and peaceful ride.

I find the commute home in the dark after DST ends to just never be as fun or peaceful as the morning rides--it's more crowded on the trail and on the road. Still awesome, but just less quiet and serene.

Post Thanks / Like

Late commute this morning, arriving at 10:15. Pros: sunlight, warmth, and getting to see the leaves fall in the sun. Cons: Traffic was insane. I didn't even go through Georgetown on M like at 6:30 because traffic was backed up through Rosslyn. It was backed up on the Roosevelt Bridge. It was backed up on all the Pennsylvania cross streets. An ambulance was trying frantically to get through on 20th, but cars had nowhere to go. I felt bad picking my way through them (carefully) while everyone was stuck, but I just wanted the hell out of there. I don't know how people can stand living like that. It's no wonder people drive like Tasmanian Devils when they get free of gridlock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Late commute this morning, arriving at 10:15. Pros: sunlight, warmth, and getting to see the leaves fall in the sun. Cons: Traffic was insane. I didn't even go through Georgetown on M like at 6:30 because traffic was backed up through Rosslyn. It was backed up on the Roosevelt Bridge. It was backed up on all the Pennsylvania cross streets. An ambulance was trying frantically to get through on 20th, but cars had nowhere to go. I felt bad picking my way through them (carefully) while everyone was stuck, but I just wanted the hell out of there. I don't know how people can stand living like that. It's no wonder people drive like Tasmanian Devils when they get free of gridlock.
    This is exactly why I've changed my work hours to an earlier start.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Morning Commute

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    This is exactly why I've changed my work hours to an earlier start.
    I prefer the early shift for that reason, but the sweet spot at my work locker room is 830. Any time before that and I have to try and squeeze in between all the lunks to get changed. And believe me, dudes have some weird and obnoxious locker room habits (that don't involve joking about sexual assault).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    I'm pretty sure you mean "I wonder who that belongs to?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    I prefer the early shift for that reason, but the sweet spot at my work locker room is 830. Any time before that and I have to try and squeeze in between all the lunks to get changed. And believe me, dudes have some weird and obnoxious locker room habits (that don't involve joking about sexual assault).
    http://theoatmeal.com/pl/minor_differences2/locker_room